New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×
The Realist

Armed forces veterans to get ID to recognise 'sacrifice'

The move could see driving licences of 2.5 million ex-military personnel stamped with a "V" symbol

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42336381

Personally I think it's sick!   When we've got 10,000 Veterans sleeping rough on the streets, being moved on by local councils who put spikes in the pavement where they're trying to place their cardboard box for the night, trying to beg money for food off people for whom giving them money has been made a criminal offence, if they're lucky being allowed to queue up alongside nurses at a foodbank, denied benefits because they're classed as 'fit for work' and so on, we think we're great because we give them a nice little V on the driving license for a car they can never afford. At least they could replace the V with something more appropriate, befitting how our government REALLY sees them:

forcesv.jpg

Don't see the point in putting a "V" on the driving licence!

Just leave everything as it is, is this someone justifying their job? This will just end up costing more money. When I leave I just want forget it and move on, I'm not going to class myself as a veteran as I didn't fight in any of the wars. Yes i'll have done 22 years but thats all been during piece time, thank fuck.

On 1/24/2018 at 17:20, boro_boy said:

Don't see the point in putting a "V" on the driving licence!

Just leave everything as it is, is this someone justifying their job? This will just end up costing more money. When I leave I just want forget it and move on, I'm not going to class myself as a veteran as I didn't fight in any of the wars. Yes i'll have done 22 years but thats all been during piece time, thank fuck.

The nurses won't be happy, In the spirit of political correctness, I would suggest we mark all former NHS employees driving licenses with an 'A' for 'Angels'