New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×
boro_boy

Dry January and Slimming World begins

That's it, no more alcohol or shit fatty food for the next 4 months. I might even extend the drinking to the whole year, but that might be hard. 

No one probably cares but I'm going to use this thread to update my days sober and weigh logs for slimming world. It's more a topic form me to look at rather than you peeps but encouragement will always be welcomed. I'm not weighing myself.until Saturday morning. 

14st 5 1/2lb.

Hopefully lose half a stone in January. 

Guest Red Devil

Off work until Monday of next week. No point of me saying I won't drink before then as New years day is usually a big drink at my mum and dads house and I will have a few to at the weekend. 

I won't be doing either of the activities that BB is indulging in......I'm happy within myself.

3 hours ago, Harold said:

I won't be doing either of the activities that BB is indulging in......I'm happy within myself.

I just want to lose a bit more weight. Vodka and cider is full of calories. So as I'm stopping I'll lose more weight quickly. 

4 hours ago, boro_boy said:

I just want to lose a bit more weight. Vodka and cider is full of calories. So as I'm stopping I'll lose more weight quickly. 

Why not eat less, so you can drink more?

I'll eat healthy when all the chocolate, mince pies and stuff in the house have gone. About mid April.

31 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I won't miss not drinking that much.

I understand that it's up to each individual - it's their life, their body, their diet and until we have the benefit of hindsight when we're dead, it's hard to know what's best.

So I weighed myself today and lost 3lbs which I'm happy with. Only started on Monday so pleased. Not missing the alcohol either so all going to plan at the moment. 

1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

So I weighed myself today and lost 3lbs which I'm happy with. Only started on Monday so pleased. Not missing the alcohol either so all going to plan at the moment. 

Is this gonna turn into a drinking water, and eating brown bread thread?

Just now, The Realist said:

Is this gonna turn into a drinking water, and eating brown bread thread?

Nah, well it might be haha.

I take it you won't be participating in this thread then lol.

I'm only doing it until i'm at 13 stone. 

I'm currently 14st 2 1/2 lbs

1 minute ago, boro_boy said:

Thought you were not drinking. 

17 minutes ago, Locke said:

I drank 8 pints of lager yesterday.

on Monday Negs said..."I might even try not to drink all year. Bored of it. ".           

Gonna have an M & S meatball feast pizza tonight.....they're very tasty & healthy as fuck.

So I lost 4 1/2 pounds last week. :) 

Fuck knows why I lost so much as I've eaten like I did last week before and only lost 1lb. The body is weird!!

But so far this month I've lost:

Week 1 - Lost 3 lbs
Week 2 - Maintained
Week 3 - Lost 4 1/2

Total Loss in January: 7 1/2 lbs :) 

29 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

So I lost 4 1/2 pounds last week. :) 

Fuck knows why I lost so much as I've eaten like I did last week before and only lost 1lb. The body is weird!!

But so far this month I've lost:

Week 1 - Lost 3 lbs
Week 2 - Maintained
Week 3 - Lost 4 1/2

Total Loss in January: 7 1/2 lbs :) 

Why did you start your comment with the word.....So ? I've noticed on tv that is really becoming one of the most annoying, fucking verbal grammatical habits developing withing society.

3 minutes ago, Harold said:

Why did you start your comment with the word.....So ? I've noticed on tv that is really becoming one of the most annoying, fucking verbal grammatical habits developing withing society.

So tell me why you don't like it.  :)