Jump to content
Locke

Birmingham awarded Commonwealth Games in 2022

Recommended Posts

This is pretty huge for the city.

However, how do they expect a loony left wing council to sort this when they can't even sort rubbish bin collections over the Christmas period? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

Your council tax bills will go up to fund this. 

Mine won't fella. Hopefully by start of  April, Mrs SA will be fully recovered, and will be able to move to the new house. Phuck paying council tax anyhow. already been ripped off for a small fortune in stamp duty, due to owning 2 properties, ain't giving the cnuts any more money.

Edited by The Realist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Your council tax bills will go up to fund this. 

Reading up on the funding for this, 75% government funded, the rest from private investors? allegedly.

No doubt those private firms will be the ones whom MP's and councillor's have a vested interest in. As will any other company involved in the project of building theGovernment funded infrastructure for these games.  Money goes out of the public funds into their pocket's yet again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2018 at 19:17, Locke said:

This is pretty huge for the city.

However, how do they expect a loony left wing council to sort this when they can't even sort rubbish bin collections over the Christmas period? 

The bin strike was never really much of an issue around my area.  Parts of Brum are a disgrace tho,the recent bin strikes soon pinpointed the areas where the locals seem to prefer to live amongst stinking waste.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The Realist said:

The bin strike was never really much of an issue around my area.  Parts of Brum are a disgrace tho,the recent bin strikes soon pinpointed the areas where the locals seem to prefer to live amongst stinking waste.

Do you seriously think someone prefers living in stinking waste?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Locke said:

Do you seriously think someone prefers living in stinking waste?

Being around Small Heath on match days yes. The local's there are scruffy dirty fecker's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • World Cup Games

    Wednesday 20 June

    Portugal vs Morocco  - 1pm - BBC

    Uruguay vs Saudi Arabia - 4pm - BBC

    Iran vs Spain - 7pm - ITV

    Thursday 21 June

    Denmark vs Australia - 1pm - ITV

    France vs Peru - 4pm - ITV

    Argentina vs Croatia - 7pm - BBC

  • Members Online Now

    • Harold

      Harold 290

      Super Moderator
      Joined:
      Last active:
  • Sign Up

    Join My Football Forum

  • Popular Contributors

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      2,913
    • Total Posts
      20,661
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.