boro_boy

H&M - Coolest Monkey Hoodie

180108164147-hm-coolest-monkey-hoodie-1024x576.png

LOL that's funny. 

I think someones going to get the sack!

Personally its not racist, its just a black kid wearing a top, nothing would have been said if it was a white kid.  But this is the world we live in

1 minute ago, boro_boy said:

180108164147-hm-coolest-monkey-hoodie-1024x576.png

LOL that's funny. 

I think someones going to get the sack!

Personally its not racist, its just a black kid wearing a top, nothing would have been said if it was a white kid.  But this is the world we live in

has that been photoshopped as I cannot see the lad's parent/s allowing him to pose in that gear ? And if they did they are leaving themselves open to ridicule and abuse.

9 minutes ago, Harold said:

has that been photoshopped as I cannot see the lad's parent/s allowing him to pose in that gear ? And if they did they are leaving themselves open to ridicule and abuse.

Nah they would have got a few quid out of it.

1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

Look at the comment, apparently, I'm a Racist. I love how quick black people call us racists.

Is racist the  N- word for white people then?

Guest Red Devil

I think it's an incredibly stupid advertising campaign, whilst it's clearly not meant to be racist whoever commisioned the ad needs sacking as they are incredibly stupid. 

Okay, they got H&M lots of attention, but they will have lost lots of customers on the way to doing that. 

18 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

I think it's an incredibly stupid advertising campaign, whilst it's clearly not meant to be racist whoever commisioned the ad needs sacking as they are incredibly stupid. 

Okay, they got H&M lots of attention, but they will have lost lots of customers on the way to doing that. 

I agree.

Someone should be hauled into court for this.

5 hours ago, Locke said:

I agree.

Someone should be hauled into court for this.

what is the offence? You require a crime or offence to have taken place before somebody can be charged then cited to appear at court.

1 hour ago, Harold said:

what is the offence? You require a crime or offence to have taken place before somebody can be charged then cited to appear at court.

Blatant racism.

26 minutes ago, Locke said:

Blatant racism.

I dunno. How is it racist. Kids are.regularly called little monkeys, cheeky monkeys. People are just looking at things to be offended by. Little things. 

2 hours ago, Harold said:

By whom ? Explain instead of making a blase comment.

Er H&M. C'mon Harold get with it.

Guest Red Devil

Simple as this, in my opinion, the word monkey has been used as a racist term towards blacks for the majority of the last century. Whether it's clear it's not a racist remark or not it's hugely irresponsible of a brand to be so stupid whilst marketing itself. 

Surely they have meetings to discuss whether something could be offensive or acceptable. How on earth could something that could offend people be let slip through the net, if you don't think it's racist then fair enough as it's not supposed to be, but the reality is even if it's offending the smallest minority it shouldn't have gone to publish. 

15 hours ago, Locke said:

Er H&M. C'mon Harold get with it.

How is it racist ? The top is available to all. The lad in question wasn't forced to wear it. It was an idiotic action, imo, for H&M to undertake. If it hadn't been a black person wearing the top would you still have said H&M was racist ?

11 hours ago, Red Devil said:

Simple as this, in my opinion, the word monkey has been used as a racist term towards blacks for the majority of the last century. Whether it's clear it's not a racist remark or not it's hugely irresponsible of a brand to be so stupid whilst marketing itself. 

Surely they have meetings to discuss whether something could be offensive or acceptable. How on earth could something that could offend people be let slip through the net, if you don't think it's racist then fair enough as it's not supposed to be, but the reality is even if it's offending the smallest minority it shouldn't have gone to publish. 

Totally agree it was irresponsible for the company to use that lad to advertise the top but as I said to Negan the top is available to all & if it hadn't been shown with a black lad wearing it would you still say the top was racist ? Not only was it irresponsible for the company to go ahead with the photoshoot it was also VERY irresponsible for the parent/s of the lad to allow him to be in that position (I'm presuming the parent/s of him are black). The company is being branded racist simply due to the fact that it a black lad wearing it. Stupid-Yes, Racist?-No.

Surely IAS he's a child, their parents would have to have been there for the photo shoot so they've obviously seen what he was wearing.