boro_boy

Middlesbrough fans set to help Hartlepool United

This is a nice story, they helped.us back in the 80s by allowing us to play at their ground so we could fulfill our fixtures, that's when we nearly dissappeared off the earth due to liquidation.

Now it's boros turn to return the favour as they are struggling financially and need to raise £200,000 to survive. 

Boro fans will attend their next game at home to port vale. 

Middlesbrough fans offer to repay Pools in battle for survival
https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/middlesbrough-fans-offer-to-repay-pools-in-battle-for-survival-1-8950246

It's a real shame that these lower league clubs struggle financially when players.in the premier league ear more than that a week. 

Bad times for lower league football. 

This is the nicer side of football. I just hope it gets all the publicity it deserves. Fair play to the Boro fans who attend the Hartlepool game.

Their is also a crowdfunding page. https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/savehartlepoolunitedfootballclub

I might even give a few quid myself, tho only cos i like the story behind it.

Thank for posting the crowd funding page, I was going to do that but forgot. So they've raised £9,526 so far, hopefully some of the rich footballers can donate some money to this cause as they have too much money as it is, well the ones with no drinking or gambling problems haha

4 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Thank for posting the crowd funding page, I was going to do that but forgot. So they've raised £9,526 so far, hopefully some of the rich footballers can donate some money to this cause as they have too much money as it is, well the ones with no drinking or gambling problems haha

Sad thing is, proper football clubs are disappearing, and giving way to clubs adopting the American type shit, goal music etc. There are 20 clubs in the prem, how many are real working mans clubs tho? Too much blanket and flask shit nowadays.

BORO have music when we score. But it's a shame these smaller clubs are struggling. But how do you approach it as at themed of the day there a business. You wouldn't give sports.diect money if they were struggling. 

We just have think about the fans, something needs to be done to help the lower league clubs