7 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

http://www.portchecktool.com/

Please visit this site and see if your ISP blocks port 80. I'm with Origin Broadband and they seem to block everything.

Thanks in advance.

got this message....Problem!  I could not see your service on  (my IP address) on port (80). 
Reason: Connection timed out.

yeah same here. 

I'm only asking as I'm trying to enable remote access to my router so I can access it whilst i'm in scotland. I'm wanting to mess about with my WDmycloud hard drive. As i'm trying to set it up as an FTP server, its not working and I think its because OriginBroadband are blocking ports. Most ISP do as they have these, safety firewalls active but most can turn them off, but I have no options to do that with Origin, i'm leaving them ASAP as they are shit.

BB I am sure port 80 is the most used port or was at one point and hackers had a field day.

It is probably why it is blocked. They are only software ports anyway so literally thousands to choose from.

The only guarantee at keeping the bastards out is to lock em up. Any open port is a risk. 

Port 80 is your computers listening port so they block it up. 

2 hours ago, boro_boy said:

yeah same here. 

I'm only asking as I'm trying to enable remote access to my router so I can access it whilst i'm in scotland. I'm wanting to mess about with my WDmycloud hard drive. As i'm trying to set it up as an FTP server, its not working and I think its because OriginBroadband are blocking ports. Most ISP do as they have these, safety firewalls active but most can turn them off, but I have no options to do that with Origin, i'm leaving them ASAP as they are shit.

Why would you want it open? 

6 hours ago, Locke said:

BB I am sure port 80 is the most used port or was at one point and hackers had a field day.

It is probably why it is blocked. They are only software ports anyway so literally thousands to choose from.

The only guarantee at keeping the bastards out is to lock em up. Any open port is a risk. 

I'm just wanting to mess about with my remote hard drive whilst away. I've ordered a static IP.