The Realist

The Bacon Sandwich.

Bacon sarnie. Most people love them (unless you are a vegetarian or barred from eating them by your religion), but how do you take yours? 

Are you one of those freaks that butter the bread? 

So my bacon sarnie is grilled bacon, white bread, NO butter, Brown sauce. 

How about you lot?.  I'd like to know because I reckon you can tell a lot about how a person eats their king of the sandwiches.

No butter ? ffs. Never have bacon on slices of bread but..........a couple of rolls (well buttered - Lurpak) with three rashers straight from in the frying pan accompanied by either brown sauce or........a slice of fried beef tomato. Dog's bollocks!

I do my bacon in the oven these days. So crispy, much better than frying oh and it's nothing to with making it healthier, it just cooks better in the oven, not the grill or frying pan. 

But I have mine with ketchup or brown sauce, prefer brown now. Used to prefer ketchup though. 

49 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I do my bacon in the oven these days. So crispy, much better than frying oh and it's nothing to with making it healthier, it just cooks better in the oven, not the grill or frying pan. 

But I have mine with ketchup or brown sauce, prefer brown now. Used to prefer ketchup though. 

Ketchup with bacon is the Devil's work.

8 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Haha you just quoted yourself haha

So i'm a bit daft, your still a feckin wrong un.

Reply below added 14 minutes later

32 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

Bacon grilled on toast with butter and brown sauce. 

The butter bit is just so wrong.

2 hours ago, boro_boy said:

No it isn't.....:)

26 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Yes it is, try it. 

TBF, it does cook well in the oven. Mrs SA uses something called a griddle, which makes it very nice, If cooking bacon alongside sausage and other stuff, she uses the oven. I actually think the oven cooked stuff tastes best.

That still does not excuse the use of butter tho.

2 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Same here, If the egg is runny, then that's another level in blokey bacon sarnie heaven.

That is nice but so annoying when it goes everywhere. All in my beard and down my top. I usually ask it to be not too runny. 

Reply below added 0 minutes later

I'll have it runny at home but not as a takeaway. 

1 minute ago, boro_boy said:

That is nice but so annoying when it goes everywhere. All in my beard and down my top. I usually ask it to be not too runny. 

Reply below added 0 minutes later

I'll have it runny at home but not as a takeaway. 

Agreed it is a bit different at home. The takeaway version seems to have a lot of that greasy bogey type stuff on it.

If a takeaway i always go for the bacon & tom toasted, or bacon and cheese which is feckin heaven on a baguette.

On 1/28/2018 at 21:24, boro_boy said:

Each to their own, I don't have butter on mine. 

Again, butter on a bacon sarnie is the work of the devil. Well that or a more northern thing, where they do after all, call them bacon butties. Feckin weirdo's.

15 hours ago, The Realist said:

Again, butter on a bacon sarnie is the work of the devil. Well that or a more northern thing, where they do after all, call them bacon butties. Feckin weirdo's.

Nowt weird about it and no input from beelzebub. More flavour = more enjoyment.....................Btw, they're known as both butties & sarnies up here....;)

On 1/27/2018 at 13:54, The Realist said:

Bacon sarnie. Most people love them (unless you are a vegetarian or barred from eating them by your religion), but how do you take yours? 

Are you one of those freaks that butter the bread? 

So my bacon sarnie is grilled bacon, white bread, NO butter, Brown sauce. 

How about you lot?.  I'd like to know because I reckon you can tell a lot about how a person eats their king of the sandwiches.

Jist loads of bacon  fine and crispy