The Realist

Alfie Evans Trial.

Live trial for the poor little soul today. 

I honestly don't know how I feel about this, or what the right decision is. Heart-breaking for the Mum and Dad and rest of the family. 
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/alfie-evans-parents-plead-sons-14231597

So basically a judges job today is to condemn a small boy to death and force his father to accept and let go of his son? 

Does a day at work get much shittier than that ?

what a position to be in. It's bad enough talking about it but to be in the shoes of the parents or even the judge who must make a ruling....yugh...horrendous.

Its hard but who do you believe, the parents or doctors. I've never be in this situation as i'm getting the snip soon. But the parents should stop being selfish and think about the quality of life, if this was a god, you'd get it put down!

5 hours ago, boro_boy said:

i'm getting the snip soon. 

I had the snip a good few years back. Not painful but certainly not fecking pleasant. Jesus it was like they're pulling your small intestines out through a hole in your jiblets.

No parent can easily let their child die.

As I see it they have exhausted all options here, but he has been granted Italian citizenship. As long as the child isn't suffering then the parents should be allowed to take him there and try something else.

What harm would that be doing anyone as long as there is no pain or suffering for the child in transit?

This is one of these situations where I honestly can't say one way or t'other. I can see both points of view. #fencesitter.

If this was an animal, you'd let it pridefully die. The kids quality of life must be zero. It's only going to get worse too as it's a degenerative brain disease. The world is a cruel place. 

On the Daily Mail they are saying Alfie's Father is trying to sue the doctors for conspiracy to Murder!!

What the fuck?

5 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

On the Daily Mail they are saying Alfie's Father is trying to sue the doctors for conspiracy to Murder!!

What the fuck?

Is that how low the Daily Fail will sink?

During tense proceedings, Lord Justice McFarlane made the revelation Mr Evans has started a bid to pursue private prosecutions against three doctors for 'conspiracy to murder' the 23-month-old, who his clinging to life.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5654559/Toddler-Alfie-Evans-survives-night-without-life-support.html

The kids on end of life care. So he's suing three doctors who have been keeping their son alive, what a cunt!

14 minutes ago, redblood said:

Is that how low the Daily Fail will sink?

How do you mean 'is that how low the Daily Mail' will sink ?' It is only reporting facts mate! 

4 minutes ago, redblood said:

The Daily Mail never reports facts, just fiction

Its just the same as all the other papers, absolute shite with their own agenda!

I really just like it for the comments, they're funny.

32 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5654559/Toddler-Alfie-Evans-survives-night-without-life-support.html

The kids on end of life care. So he's suing three doctors who have been keeping their son alive, what a cunt!

No he isn't.

He is doing what any parent would do in trying to keep his Son alive.

He believes he can be saved in Italy. Let the boy and family go to pursue this.

What have they got to lose? 

10 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Its just the same as all the other papers, absolute shite with their own agenda!

I really just like it for the comments, they're funny.

Do you read it ? Yes it's more of a right wing leaning media outlet but it actually goes into more detail & gives facts instead of 'what they WANT to read' arse licking left wing leaning newspapers like the Mirror or (up here...the Daily Record).

16 minutes ago, Harold said:

Do you read it ? Yes it's more of a right wing leaning media outlet but it actually goes into more detail & gives facts instead of 'what they WANT to read' arse licking left wing leaning newspapers like the Mirror or (up here...the Daily Record).

Yeah I do read it, mostly skip the stories as they are shit and annoying. Its definitely right wing but that's the way I roll!

36 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Yeah I do read it, mostly skip the stories as they are shit and annoying. Its definitely right wing but that's the way I roll!

Instead of skipping the articles you should read them mate.