boro_boy

Anyone looking forward to the World Cup?

It should be alright, not expecting anything from England, probably get out of the group but not get any further. Once we go against anyone half decent we struggle to score. I think there'll be a lot of violence between fans and Russian gangs, anyone daft enough to go over, deserves all they get IMHO :).

Depending what time games will be shown on tv I may watch some but no great interest.

PS BB...are you aware a lot of smileys have vanished from the drop down ?

Yes, they stopped working to I removed them, i'll find some more next week, just about to head home. 

I am not really bothered about the World Cup.

I have no plans to book any time off work for any of the games.

15 minutes ago, Locke said:

I'm going to say the stadiums will not be very full.

On 08/02/2018 at 12:54, boro_boy said:

It should be alright, not expecting anything from England, probably get out of the group but not get any further. Once we go against anyone half decent we struggle to score. I think there'll be a lot of violence between fans and Russian gangs, anyone daft enough to go over, deserves all they get IMHO :).

Personally i would have no qualms about going, if i was going with the right lads. If 30 of our finest were going great.

1 hour ago, Locke said:

Why would you need to being retired or semi etc?

6 hours ago, The Realist said:

Personally i would have no qualms about going, if i was going with the right lads. If 30 of our finest were going great.

Why would you need to being retired or semi etc?

One of my shifts could clash with a game but I am not bothered.

When does this start ? I ask because I don't have a lot of interest in International football. If there are any afternoon games and I have fuck all else to be getting on with I'll probably have a swatch.

On 08/02/2018 at 12:54, boro_boy said:

Got to say i disagree with that fella, In international football this day and age, anybody should be able to go, and take their wife kids etc, to what is aside from the Olympics, the biggest sporting event on the planet, and feel comfortable and be safe. It's a big slur on Russia this is, us true football lads know the score, and there is generally a code, sadly the Russians don't understand that, and are willing to cowardly target anybody. I personally think that as soon as genuine fans, start getting attacked, countries should pull out of the tournament. We all know this wont happen tho, as money is involved.

A lot of trouble i have seen following England abroad over the decades has been started, or provoked by police. I have twice been in totally trouble free situations in bars abroad, when the police have for no reason what so ever tear gassed the bar, Turkey and Italy.

Anyhow, we both have our differing opinions. I find it a bit sad tho, that you say anyone going deserves all they get i really do.

If you were with Boro coming to Blues through Digbeth when our younger lot were out, and got slapped, you be saying, us Blues are all cunts, yet there are many fan forum's around who warn of the dangers of it. And just for the record, i find some of our younger lot cunts too. We the older lot, have actually banned a few of them from showing their faces on a matchday.