New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×
boro_boy

Sky and BT win Premier League TV rights

• BT Sport has won the rights to broadcast 32 matches per season on a Saturday at 12:30.
  • Sky Sports is to broadcast 128 games per season, including 32 matches on a Saturday at 17:30.
  • BT paid a total of £885m and Sky paid £3.579bn for the Premier League rights over three seasons.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43052024

That's stupid money, where does all the money end up going?

What are the remaining deals left? To not be able to see Champions league highlights after spending circa £120 a month plus TV licence fee is shite, for those prepared to pay it.

Hate modern football, and more so, the modern day football fan. Get your arse off the sofa and go and watch your  local team play.

I get pissed off at work, hearing people arguing about football, all shift long, none, i repeat none of these people go to matches, they mearly argue about what they saw on TV.

Thousands of empty seats at grounds all around the country, whilst buses leave Birmingham, London, Middlesbrough etc heading for old trafford and similar.

In the local ASDA, i can buy Chelsea, Man U type stuff but nothing for the local clubs.

Is this a good thing??

All down to SKY.

I've stopped.going as it's too expensive. It's much cheaper to watch online. I know it's £34 to watch Boro but it also add up, especially when I'm.saving for a wedding and paying.off debt. I'm quiet happy to watch boros games on TV. 

7 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I've stopped.going as it's too expensive. It's much cheaper to watch online. I know it's £34 to watch Boro but it also add up, especially when I'm.saving for a wedding and paying.off debt. I'm quiet happy to watch boros games on TV. 

If it wasnt for SKY, going to the game would be nowhere near as expensive. They have taken away the working mans game. Also if not for SKY, and you wanted to watch Boro the only way you could do it would be going to the game, which would be a lot more affordable anyhow.

Sky have not ruined football, the Premier League have and the club chairman that made it happen have! They wanted a product like the NFL now they have it but at a cost

I much preferred football on ITV before 1992 as a young kid growing up

Edited by redblood