Is this the first time its snowed in the UK?

boro_boy

• Administrator

It feels like it with the constant news updates and the constant advice from the media about how to walk, drive and look after people in this cold weather. FFS do people remember when this used to be called "The Winter". 

2 hours ago, boro_boy said:

It feels like it with the constant news updates and the constant advice from the media about how to walk, drive and look after people in this cold weather. FFS do people remember when this used to be called "The Winter". 

Nanny state....snowflake generation mate.

As for giving advice......A few years back NHS Tayside produced a guide for going for a shit. It was called 'Good defecation Dynamics'.....

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/hot-topics/46368-guide-tells-scots-how-use.html

17 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Everyone's been sent home from work today. There is a Red weather warning for snow in force so its a fair call!

where are you ? Red alert I saw on lunchtime news was for mainly central Scotland.

4 minutes ago, MrMacleod said:

Anyone for a snowball fight..... 

DSC_0007.JPG

See you've got a couple of bird feeders there....are they being well used ? We have a few up our back garden and the wee birds have been flocking to them Unfortunately we can't get up the back (seriously) to get into the hut for stuff to replenish them.

3 hours ago, MrMacleod said:

I'm off work till Saturday anyway but can't see my work closing, people still need too eat ? 

I'm just away get ready for a snowball fight with the neighbourhood kids haha

That's if they can get out of the house.....:smile:

Bear in mind though they may have stocked up for the duration and will 'eat in'.

10 minutes ago, Harold said:

That's if they can get out of the house.....:smile:

Bear in mind though they may have stocked up for the duration and will 'eat in'.

Yeah that is very true I guess. Everyone seems to be stocking up in milk and bread lol! 

11 minutes ago, MrMacleod said:

I've got a lovely bottle of wine but I quite fancy getting another haha ? 

I've started & that's me till 6pm.....then it's linkers, couple of fried eggs (done in the chip pan), chips and beans (I call it a 'greasy bastard' tea).

PS....got another eight litre bottles upstairs.....:smile: