Driving In Snow!

superally

I've never found it that difficult, regardless of what type of car I have but others obviously find it near impossible. There are now five vehicles abandoned on the corner near my house, three moved to a safe place but two of them properly abandoned. Similar vehicles are managing to drive past so it must purely be driver incompetence, yes???

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It normally doesn't bother me unless it's really deep which it has been this week but with a concerted effort from most people in the street yesterday the road is driveable (at the moment). Problem is that there is basically only tracks in the compacted snow which everybody keeps to so may be probs if you meet a car coming the other way. 

As for the abandoned cars you mention mate....probably incompetence but 'possibly' lack of confidence when they get into a bit of bother?

• Administrator

Basically people accelerate too much or don't build up enough speed to get enough momentum to go up some hills. I drove home from Helensburgh to Middlesbrough on Thursday morning and the snow was deep but I found it easy to drive in, some people drive way too slow.

I had to use the A69 as the A66was closed due to snow and cars where getting stuck going up a hill u was stuck for an hour in standstill traffic at one point.of the road I'll upload a video of it.