New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×
boro_boy

Doing a bit of gardening

I'm fucked. Putting gravel down as the table goes there, last year most of the grass field where the table was. IMG_20180404_111813.jpg

1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

I'm fucked. Putting gravel down as the table goes there, last year most of the grass field where the table was. IMG_20180404_111813.jpg

I've dug out plenty of grass over the years as you have there. We're lucky in that we have a large compost heap at the far corner of the garden where we can dump the divots. Where are you dumping yours ? Take it you're putting down a membrane down before the chuckies ?

On 04/04/2018 at 11:28, boro_boy said:

Not being nasty here fella, but i could not live with a garden like that. Your house is a new build i take it.

16 hours ago, The Realist said:

Not being nasty here fella, but i could not live with a garden like that. Your house is a new build i take it.

Yeah its a new build, its a mess due to what i've been doing.

On 06/04/2018 at 15:52, boro_boy said:

Yeah its a new build, its a mess due to what i've been doing.

Its not the work, I just hate looking at a fence. would have to get some shrubs around the outside. Hate looking at a fence.

On 4/4/2018 at 11:28, boro_boy said:

Is that barbed wire defences on either side of the fence?

22 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Is that barbed wire defences on either side of the fence?

Haha no it's to stop our house cat from getting outside the garden. Also seems to stop other cats from coming into the garden. 

13 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Haha no it's to stop our house cat from getting outside the garden. Also seems to stop other cats from coming into the garden. 

is that not a gap at the bottom left of the fence or an open gate ?

Nah thats another fence which goes around the estate. There is a school field behind that. 

Just awaiting the Slate stones from Travis Perkins. 

Even though it looks ilike ive done fuck all. It was hard as fuck spading all the shale out of the bag. Itg was 900kg so nearly a tonne!!!!

Think I need to make it a litte bit longer by half a a meter but that can wate as my little shirtty arms are done in haha!!

My Mrs has the final say on the garden.

I just do the grunt work on her orders.

It usually ends up looking good, so I just relax and sup alcohol in it. 

Pansies seem to be her flower of choice this year. She has spent over £150 on them so far.

BoroBoy, get some Sunflower seeds. They will climb up your fence.

My lawns have had their first cut.

I had the blades up high so only took about an inch off as that is what they recommended on Gardening Today.

They look in good shape. A couple of bare patches that I scattered some grass seed in will soon be covered.

40 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Uncut my to 4cm heigh on the mower.

Looks alright like. 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=5d6f14cef0a8d889

That would've taken you all of 10 minutes haha. Between the strimming and grass cutting it took me an hour and a half yesterday....garden's too big for us now but it has to be done.

We've got a Summer House up the garden and last year the wife wanted so much of the lawn cut out so she could put chuckies down outside it. She said a while back that she wanted to double the size of the chuckied area so today was digging out sods of grass then laying down a membrane then filling the area with said chuckies which are in a bag at the front of the house so have to be barrowed round. No long finished, had a shower and NOW I'm away to have a drinkypoo!

'Oh one man went to mow, went to mow a meadow'........Image result for feeling happy gifs

meant to add.....I also was fucked after my exertions...haha. Enjoying the Capn Morgan's mind you.

On 09/04/2018 at 19:16, boro_boy said:

Nearly finished

IMG_20180409_180131.jpg

Any 'finished' photos ?

Hoping to get edging, strimming and grass mowed this afternoon. Had a fair bit of rain overnight so the grass is soaking. Hopefully no more and it dries out a bit.