New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×
boro_boy

Doing a bit of gardening

Well this morning I got the car washed and after brunch I decided to cuprinol one of our sheds. Finished it and we decide to have a cuppa out the back & I shouts to the wife to put the hot water on so I could have a shower. Went into the bathroom & says to myself....Bit warm in here and I felt the radiator...she had put the central heating on in error....duh!

4 hours ago, Harold said:

Well this morning I got the car washed and after brunch I decided to cuprinol one of our sheds. Finished it and we decide to have a cuppa out the back & I shouts to the wife to put the hot water on so I could have a shower. Went into the bathroom & says to myself....Bit warm in here and I felt the radiator...she had put the central heating on in error....duh!

Hahahaha fuck having the heating on in this weather. 

On 04/05/2018 at 16:46, Locke said:

IMG_20180503_165729684.jpg

Notice the copper tape around the pots, to keep the slugs and snails away. Just one of the fuckers could literally wipe that lot out in a night without it. One of the best thing's ever recommended to me garden wise.

7 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Notice the copper tape around the pots, to keep the slugs and snails away. Just one of the fuckers could literally wipe that lot out in a night without it. One of the best thing's ever recommended to me garden wise.

My Mrs is on a mission against them.

Trust me. They will lose! 

We have to be careful with slug pellets with an 11 month old walking and exploring once a week.

On 07/05/2018 at 20:37, Locke said:

My Mrs is on a mission against them.

Trust me. They will lose! 

We have to be careful with slug pellets with an 11 month old walking and exploring once a week.

We've got four raised beds at the bottom of the garden where the missus grows her veggies. We've got the copper strips around them but also used bottles of water which are halved and the cap end is put into the compost then they are filled with cheap beer. The snails seem to enjoy the beer so much so that they can't exit the bottles.....:flashing-lol:

Well so much for being able to get the grass cut....had heavy showers all morning which aren't forecast to diminish until mid afternoon by which there is no chance of me starting....plus the grass will still be soaking.

Dropped the wife off at a friend's this morning for her weekend jaunt, came back & had brekkers and watched the first episode of Deadliest Catch series 14 then this afternoon got the grass edged & cut....fucking hour and a half wi one ciggie break. Relaxing now wi a few snifters.

What a day....absolutely booshed. Gave our large and very long hedge its first trim of the year....took over an hour and a half....had brunch and watched tv for an hour then got the strimming done and the grass cut all in that blazing sun.

5 hours ago, Harold said:

What a day....absolutely booshed. Gave our large and very long hedge its first trim of the year....took over an hour and a half....had brunch and watched tv for an hour then got the strimming done and the grass cut all in that blazing sun.

The weather's been nice, drove from Leith to faslane today. Just sunshine all the way, surprised it was sunny in faslane like.

9 hours ago, boro_boy said:

The weather's been nice, drove from Leith to faslane today. Just sunshine all the way, surprised it was sunny in faslane like.

I'm sure you mean Scotland mate....

14 hours ago, Harold said:

I'm sure you mean Scotland mate....

Nah Faslane haha.

Thats why the Submarines are there as its usually under cloud cover.

Surely Scotland gets some decent weather?

9 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Nah Faslane haha.

Thats why the Submarines are there as its usually under cloud cover.

Surely Scotland gets some decent weather?

It's been decent this week but rain moving in on Sunday....this is what usually happens up here.....we get a good week or so then it turns shit. This past week is probably our summer.

got the edging and grass all done today....another sunny day but man does that easterly breeze chill things down in the shade. Anyways, sitting with a few spicey Capn's & DC before teatime when I shall be having mostly stewed sausages, onions and mash.

On 04/05/2018 at 16:47, Locke said:

That was my garden yesterday.

Just took an inch off top of lawn. Will cut it lower next time.

On 04/05/2018 at 16:46, Locke said:

IMG_20180503_165729684.jpg

That looks like a palm tree in the middle.

done the edging (in preparation of strimming and cutting the grass tomorrow) and trimmed the hedge early this afternoon....weather was great for outdoor work....cloudy but mild. It has only burned off in the last half hour and is a fine evening.

I meant to say yesterday that our outdoor thermometer was showing 30 degs yesterday afternoon.....no wonder I was frying and had to sit in the shade.

started around 9.45am this morning and got the edging done then trimmed the hedge and had brekkers. Carried on and got the grass cut then shower. Wife wanted to go into Tescos and Aldis and although they're only a couple of miles away the traffic as usual was fucking choc a bloc for the most part. Rewarding myself with a few 'you know whats'.....I am bushed!