My Football Forum
boro_boy

Doing a bit of gardening

8 minutes ago, Locke said:

I put the new mower through its paces today. Well happy with it.

what you got....leccy or petrol mate ?

No petrol for mower=no grass cut today=Mrs SA now seeing it as an excuse to go to B&Q, ain't happening, just off to meet my oldest for a couple of beers.

Yeah just right for us these days mate.

I only do the lawns. Mrs does borders, patio and baskets, but she is disabled and struggles some days. 

56 minutes ago, Harold said:

nice looking area mate. Obviously well tended. God I wish mines was that size.

I wish mine was bigger that's a lovely garden .my missus wants us to move.into a house with lots of land. Like 3 or 4 acre. I'd love.it but how do you deal with it. I'd say let 99% of it go wild. 

15 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I wish mine was bigger that's a lovely garden .my missus wants us to move.into a house with lots of land. Like 3 or 4 acre. I'd love.it but how do you deal with it. I'd say let 99% of it go wild. 

better put in the overtime mate.....

21 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

BB, my Mrs scatters wild seeds at bottom of our garden. They look lovely in bloom (like me).

So easy to do and solves a problem.

Except I am the cunt who has to wrip em all out in Autumn.

52 minutes ago, Locke said:

BB, my Mrs scatters wild seeds at bottom of our garden. They look lovely in bloom (like me).

So easy to do and solves a problem.

Except I am the cunt who has to wrip em all out in Autumn.

Image result for facepalm gifs

2 hours ago, Locke said:

This is my garden at the minute. Doing a trial run of new tent set up.

It is massive. That is what she said! 

IMG_20180507_125101694_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180507_125114591.jpg

IMG_20180507_125136743_HDR.jpg

Obviously talking about the tent mate.....don't get carried away.....:flashing-lol:

Certainly looks good & it is large. Doubt very much if I have the temperament to assemble that.

Well this morning I got the car washed and after brunch I decided to cuprinol one of our sheds. Finished it and we decide to have a cuppa out the back & I shouts to the wife to put the hot water on so I could have a shower. Went into the bathroom & says to myself....Bit warm in here and I felt the radiator...she had put the central heating on in error....duh!

4 hours ago, Harold said:

Well this morning I got the car washed and after brunch I decided to cuprinol one of our sheds. Finished it and we decide to have a cuppa out the back & I shouts to the wife to put the hot water on so I could have a shower. Went into the bathroom & says to myself....Bit warm in here and I felt the radiator...she had put the central heating on in error....duh!

Hahahaha fuck having the heating on in this weather. 

On 04/05/2018 at 16:46, Locke said:

IMG_20180503_165729684.jpg

Notice the copper tape around the pots, to keep the slugs and snails away. Just one of the fuckers could literally wipe that lot out in a night without it. One of the best thing's ever recommended to me garden wise.

7 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Notice the copper tape around the pots, to keep the slugs and snails away. Just one of the fuckers could literally wipe that lot out in a night without it. One of the best thing's ever recommended to me garden wise.

My Mrs is on a mission against them.

Trust me. They will lose! 

We have to be careful with slug pellets with an 11 month old walking and exploring once a week.

On 07/05/2018 at 20:37, Locke said:

My Mrs is on a mission against them.

Trust me. They will lose! 

We have to be careful with slug pellets with an 11 month old walking and exploring once a week.

We've got four raised beds at the bottom of the garden where the missus grows her veggies. We've got the copper strips around them but also used bottles of water which are halved and the cap end is put into the compost then they are filled with cheap beer. The snails seem to enjoy the beer so much so that they can't exit the bottles.....:flashing-lol:

Well so much for being able to get the grass cut....had heavy showers all morning which aren't forecast to diminish until mid afternoon by which there is no chance of me starting....plus the grass will still be soaking.

Dropped the wife off at a friend's this morning for her weekend jaunt, came back & had brekkers and watched the first episode of Deadliest Catch series 14 then this afternoon got the grass edged & cut....fucking hour and a half wi one ciggie break. Relaxing now wi a few snifters.

What a day....absolutely booshed. Gave our large and very long hedge its first trim of the year....took over an hour and a half....had brunch and watched tv for an hour then got the strimming done and the grass cut all in that blazing sun.

5 hours ago, Harold said:

What a day....absolutely booshed. Gave our large and very long hedge its first trim of the year....took over an hour and a half....had brunch and watched tv for an hour then got the strimming done and the grass cut all in that blazing sun.

The weather's been nice, drove from Leith to faslane today. Just sunshine all the way, surprised it was sunny in faslane like.