boro_boy

Doing a bit of gardening

9 hours ago, boro_boy said:

The weather's been nice, drove from Leith to faslane today. Just sunshine all the way, surprised it was sunny in faslane like.

I'm sure you mean Scotland mate....

14 hours ago, Harold said:

I'm sure you mean Scotland mate....

Nah Faslane haha.

Thats why the Submarines are there as its usually under cloud cover.

Surely Scotland gets some decent weather?

9 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Nah Faslane haha.

Thats why the Submarines are there as its usually under cloud cover.

Surely Scotland gets some decent weather?

It's been decent this week but rain moving in on Sunday....this is what usually happens up here.....we get a good week or so then it turns shit. This past week is probably our summer.

got the edging and grass all done today....another sunny day but man does that easterly breeze chill things down in the shade. Anyways, sitting with a few spicey Capn's & DC before teatime when I shall be having mostly stewed sausages, onions and mash.

On 04/05/2018 at 16:47, Locke said:

That was my garden yesterday.

Just took an inch off top of lawn. Will cut it lower next time.

On 04/05/2018 at 16:46, Locke said:

IMG_20180503_165729684.jpg

That looks like a palm tree in the middle.

done the edging (in preparation of strimming and cutting the grass tomorrow) and trimmed the hedge early this afternoon....weather was great for outdoor work....cloudy but mild. It has only burned off in the last half hour and is a fine evening.

I meant to say yesterday that our outdoor thermometer was showing 30 degs yesterday afternoon.....no wonder I was frying and had to sit in the shade.

started around 9.45am this morning and got the edging done then trimmed the hedge and had brekkers. Carried on and got the grass cut then shower. Wife wanted to go into Tescos and Aldis and although they're only a couple of miles away the traffic as usual was fucking choc a bloc for the most part. Rewarding myself with a few 'you know whats'.....I am bushed!

got the rest of the garage painted then trimmed the hedge. The missus then pulled a pile of leeks and rhubarb from the garden and I gave her a wee hand to pull some pea pods (we are going to have some crop this year).

I've been doing gardening lately. Weeded the flower beds. And cut the grass today. Also fenced off part of the garden from the dogs as they and the drought killed my grass. 

That's what happens if you have muts mate....don't fence it off....let the dogs have the benefit of the full garden.

9 minutes ago, Harold said:

That's what happens if you have muts mate....don't fence it off....let the dogs have the benefit of the full garden.

Only fences less that half of the garden off whilst I grow more grass. The last thing I want is a must patch in winter. 

15331448987928155578794546034867.jpg

Are either or both dogs bitches?

That would explain the state of your lawn.

Bitches piss wrecks lawns. Really kills it dead. You would be better off paving the lot.

8 hours ago, Locke said:

Are either or both dogs bitches?

That would explain the state of your lawn.

Bitches piss wrecks lawns. Really kills it dead. You would be better off paving the lot.

Yeah both of them are botched. Need to buy more dog rocks which stops there piss from burning the grass and killing it. I have a lot of work to do lol. I'll get on to of it though.

Well hopefully I will 

Been a mixed bag today. It was sunny then cloudy this morning when I started strimming around 9.20am. Got that done then started cutting the grass but had to stop about half way through when a constant bloody drizzle started and lasted for the best part of an hour. When it went off I just got the mower back out and although the grass was wet I said 'fuck it' and finished it. Back to Scottish weather mentality shite!

On 01/08/2018 at 18:35, boro_boy said:

Only fences less that half of the garden off whilst I grow more grass. The last thing I want is a must patch in winter. 

15331448987928155578794546034867.jpg

Garden coming on good. Doing the patches on the other side now.

IMG_20180810_170429.jpg

Done & dusted....hadn't been done last week due to the rain so there was a fair amount. Relaxy moi time now.....:flashing-lol:

4 hours ago, Locke said:

Did the edging and mowed the front lawn this morning.

Frickin low flying wasps everywhere.

I hate wasps, kill them whenever I can, what use do they have in the world other than to annoy everyone!!

Trying to get the grass cut. Managed to do the edging and got about 1/3 mowed then the fucking rain started....a heavy drizzle. I'll wait a wee while in hope that it fucks off.