• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

boro_boy

Doing a bit of gardening

All I can say is a huge....THANK FUCK               that the grass has had it's final cut of the year. Started at 9am this morning and did the edging then we got the gutters cleaned from all the leaves. Then spent ages clearing leaves from the back yard, drive and front garden. Got something to eat at about 12.40 then got the grass cut. Abso bushed dahlings! Rewards are being partaken.

4 hours ago, Harold said:

Wife's going to be painting her summerhouse today...I have a bush to dig out of the garden. Busy busy busy....

The roots must have been so deep I couldn't get it dug up. I managed to break the handles on our spade and a fork ffs. Had to saw it as low as I could.

6 minutes ago, The Realist said:

So where do you grow all your vegetables fella?

Tomatoes on the back patio. Other stuff down the bottom of the garden.

I don't grow anything. I cut the lawns. Everything else is down to the wife.

Just now, Locke said:

Tomatoes on the back patio. Other stuff down the bottom of the garden.

I don't grow anything. I cut the lawns. Everything else is down to the wife.

What about the hen house? As for growing food at the bottom of the garden, well the fence is clearly visible, along with the bushes, so how do you manage to grow so much, in an area maybe 2m square at max, which gets no sun?

Terraced houses do not have very wide gardens.

My house isn't terraced?

There is a ton of space down bottom of garden and it gets sun all day. All behind the bush and to the left. Spuds and all sorts. 

Hen house is out of view to the left.

Do you share a garden from your bedsit in Erdington? 

2 minutes ago, Locke said:

My house isn't terraced?

There is a ton of space down bottom of garden and it gets sun all day. All behind the bush and to the left. Spuds and all sorts. 

Feck knows why you persist with your shite, you don't do yourself any favours fella. Not sure how i could possibly share a garden in Erdington seeing as it is approximately 30 miles from where i live, Tho like you, i can grow tomatoes on my patio.

7 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Feck knows why you persist with your shite, you don't do yourself any favours fella. Not sure how i could possibly share a garden in Erdington seeing as it is approximately 30 miles from where i live, Tho like you, i can grow tomatoes on my patio.

I'll send you a bag of spuds round in the Summer.

I might throw a few carrots in if you behave!

Up the Blues!

1 hour ago, Locke said:

My house isn't terraced?

Seriously tho fella, I don't have a clue how i am gonna make the garden in this new house even half nice. It's a big old garden around the size of half a football pitch, and that's it. It's just a large area of grass that is boring as feck and a pain in the arse to cut. Nothing interesting about it, no features nothing but grass i find it really dull, and not a nice place to sit and relax,and dont see what can be done to make it nice. Making thing's worse Mrs SA has bought the land at the side of it, feck knows why tho apparently she reckons we can have 3 houses built on the land for the kids,and has done her research into whether it's do-able or not. I reckon she needs to get a part time job or something to occupy her mind a bit. she is a very clever woman, tho the thought of having my 3 kids living in my garden aint good.

On 09/04/2018 at 19:16, boro_boy said:

Nearly finished

IMG_20180409_180131.jpg

I feckin love those paw prints, tho maybe if they were curved rather than a straight line you would find it easier to follow them after a few sherberts, not like you gonna walk straight after a few Vodka and Cokes is it?

Well that's it started for this year. Had to take advantage of the morning dry weather and get the grass done as, due to the mild wet winter, it has certainly grown. Haven't seen it so long awaiting the first cut. Started at 9.30am doing the edging, then it was strimming and then on to the main menu...Lawn Mower. I finished at 12.45pm and just as well because the rain started. Just got the mower etc and cables away before it came on heavy. That's it till next week......:flashing-lol:

I had to cut my last week too. Also planted some more grass seeds a couple of weeks ago and they're growing now. I'm not cutting it until the end of April. I'm hoping it's not going to grow that much with this little cold spell where going to have. 

Grass done again today but that is just a taster for what's to come starting tomorrow. The missus wants a tree taken down and we're doing it ourselves. Gonna be a long week methinks!

Well we started on the tree today and must admit we got a helluva lot down....in fact everything that we could get down we got down but there are branches that are too high to cut with a hand saw and no way can we tackle the trunk with same so we're picking up a hired chain saw tomorrow for a day and should get the remainder down. Fucking knackered after today and currently sitting partaking of a few snifters. And well earned if I say so myself.....:flashing-lol: