My Football Forum
boro_boy

Doing a bit of gardening

41 minutes ago, Harold said:

Well we started on the tree today and must admit we got a helluva lot down....in fact everything that we could get down we got down but there are branches that are too high to cut with a hand saw and no way can we tackle the trunk with same so we're picking up a hired chain saw tomorrow for a day and should get the remainder down. Fucking knackered after today and currently sitting partaking of a few snifters. And well earned if I say so myself.....:flashing-lol:

When you say 'we'..... you got the wife up there?

Lol

15 minutes ago, Bastion said:

When you say 'we'..... you got the wife up there?

Lol

Joint effort mate...when I got the branches cut down she had loppers and trimmed the big branches and what she cut off will have to be taken over the next couple of days to the tip. My wife has no probs getting ripped in about it.....No bad for someone who will be 70 come November mate!

46 minutes ago, Harold said:

Joint effort mate...when I got the branches cut down she had loppers and trimmed the big branches and what she cut off will have to be taken over the next couple of days to the tip. My wife has no probs getting ripped in about it.....No bad for someone who will be 70 come November mate!

Fair play to her, 

Mine is the same, she's been out working at this tree for about a month now, cuts bits of, cuts them up and throws them in the Brown bin.....

I'm going to let her crack on for a few weeks yet, then take the chain saw to it...... should take 10 mins

3 hours ago, Bastion said:

treefail.jpg

Naw......although the wife's summer house was actually adjacent to the tree (but no damage caused thank fuck). Hired a chain saw this morning but cos both the missus and me have bad hands we got a neighbour's son to do that bit of it. Bottom line.....tree down, lot of lifting & loading and branches over to the tip with a couple more runs tomorrow. Quite pleased with ourselves. Rewards are being partaken once again.....:flashing-lol:

Mission complete! Couple of hours this morning clearing up, wife done two trips to the tip & Son of Big Tree is no more. On the bright side....had a couple of bacon rolls wi broon sauce & a fresh cream/strawberry jam scone fro breakfast. 

26 minutes ago, Harold said:

Mission complete! Couple of hours this morning clearing up, wife done two trips to the tip & Son of Big Tree is no more. On the bright side....had a couple of bacon rolls wi broon sauce & a fresh cream/strawberry jam scone fro breakfast. 

I assume The Capt will be out later? 

3 hours ago, Harold said:

Strimming, edging and grass all done this morning....it was bright but a very cold wind.

The more ye do, the more the Capt will appear 😂

4 hours ago, Harold said:

Grass cutting shortly....the joys.

All done, lunch has been partaken....rewards in just over an hour....................the joyyyyys.............Image result for captain morgan dancing gifs

Got our grass done earlier. Between getting all the cables out, cutting the grass then rolling cables back up....2 fucking hours (with a 5 minute ciggie break) and that was with the wife doing the edging. Getting to auld for a garden this size man.

52 minutes ago, Harold said:

Got our grass done earlier. Between getting all the cables out, cutting the grass then rolling cables back up....2 fucking hours (with a 5 minute ciggie break) and that was with the wife doing the edging. Getting to auld for a garden this size man.

Ye consider a petrol one with self propelling capacity?

Honestly mate takes the graft out of it.

14 minutes ago, Bastion said:

Ye consider a petrol one with self propelling capacity?

Honestly mate takes the graft out of it.

Had one mate but couldn't get the hang of the 'self propel' so still had to shove it. Was difficult to maneuver at certain points in the garden due to its weight....ended up selling it to a neighbour.

2 hours ago, Harold said:

Mine takes about 30 mins. You must have a nice big garden and you must put a lot of effort into keeping it so super dooperly fantastic but I understand your concern.

29 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Mine takes about 30 mins. You must have a nice big garden and you must put a lot of effort into keeping it so super dooperly fantastic but I understand your concern.

sorted for you as I know that's what you really meant to post....:yes:

fence painting from 10.30am till 3pm....last four panels and a wee extra bit all done. Fucking shagged now...rewards are on the go.

Strimming and grass cutting done today. Had a cool can of Magners in between.....now showered.....fucked. Last I looked it was 25 degs in the shade.

2 hours ago, Harold said:

Strimming and grass cutting done today. Had a cool can of Magners in between.....now showered.....fucked. Last I looked it was 25 degs in the shade.

Aye, Cider Weather Dug......

I'll have to indulge.