Locke

Stop & Start Technology

Do any of you use it and if so do you notice any improvement in fuel consumption.

I have it on both my car and motorbike, but only use it on the car as the bike already does over 100 miles to the gallon. Plus I like to be on the revs at the lights laughing at the boy racers who are thick enough to think their car can beat me as the lights change. 

Personally, I like it on the car and it does make a difference to the economy figures. 

31 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Do any of you use it and if so do you notice any improvement in fuel consumption.

I have it on both my car and motorbike, but only use it on the car as the bike already does over 100 miles to the gallon. Plus I like to be on the revs at the lights laughing at the boy racers who are thick enough to think their car can beat me as the lights change. 

Personally, I like it on the car and it does make a difference to the economy figures. 

Mine has it, but its annoying at times. The engines are mega quick to restart though, thinking it may use a different start motor to get the engine turning?

I sometimes switch it off, if it does stop the engine its not for long either, maybe a minute or two max, then it starts itself. Also in the summer if the engine stops then the aircon turns off. It also does that in the winter but you notice it more in the summer.

18 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Mine has it, but its annoying at times. The engines are mega quick to restart though, thinking it may use a different start motor to get the engine turning?

I sometimes switch it off, if it does stop the engine its not for long either, maybe a minute or two max, then it starts itself. Also in the summer if the engine stops then the aircon turns off. It also does that in the winter but you notice it more in the summer.

If the outside temp is below 5 degrees then my stop/start will not operate.

I guess if it that cold then there is extra demand on the battery and the engine needs to be running.

I believe modern air con systems have to have the engine running to operate so that could be why yours turns off.

My engine restarts super fast. As soon as the clutch is touched really.  

1 hour ago, Locke said:

If the outside temp is below 5 degrees then my stop/start will not operate.

I guess if it that cold then there is extra demand on the battery and the engine needs to be running.

I believe modern air con systems have to have the engine running to operate so that could be why yours turns off.

My engine restarts super fast. As soon as the clutch is touched really.  

Yeah they do. So if its a hot day I turn the stop start off. 

3 hours ago, boro_boy said:

I love it - Most of the time-, in constant stop start traffic it can be a bit annoying tho. First car i had with it, was a BMW, which was a manual, i wasn't to keen having to have it in neutral with handbrake on for it to work. Having it with automatic transmission is a whole different level, use the brake to stop the car, engine shuts down, release the brake hit throttle it starts again, It is so good and efficient on my car, its barely even noticeable, also love the way it works on a hill/incline, auto hold is a beautiful thing as is descent control. I know they have made the driving test harder supposedly over the last 15 years or so, yet my car is so easy to drive, i reckon a child could drive it. Seems all i do is steer. I do like a bit of premium brand luxury tho, always have done.

7 hours ago, The Realist said:

I love it - Most of the time-, in constant stop start traffic it can be a bit annoying tho. First car i had with it, was a BMW, which was a manual, i wasn't to keen having to have it in neutral with handbrake on for it to work. Having it with automatic transmission is a whole different level, use the brake to stop the car, engine shuts down, release the brake hit throttle it starts again, It is so good and efficient on my car, its barely even noticeable, also love the way it works on a hill/incline, auto hold is a beautiful thing as is descent control. I know they have made the driving test harder supposedly over the last 15 years or so, yet my car is so easy to drive, i reckon a child could drive it. Seems all i do is steer. I do like a bit of premium brand luxury tho, always have done.

My drive is on a steep incline and I find the hill assist function excellent. It is the first button I go for after starting the vehicle.

Our car has it (Vauxhall Mokka) as has our previous two. The missus uses it but I don't....it confuses the fuck out of me. The first time I went on a test drive the salesman never told me about it and all of a sudden the engine stopped running & I'm going...WTF?

31 minutes ago, Harold said:

Our car has it (Vauxhall Mokka) as has our previous two. The missus uses it but I don't....it confuses the fuck out of me. The first time I went on a test drive the salesman never told me about it and all of a sudden the engine stopped running & I'm going...WTF?

How do you find the Mokka Harold?

I have to say I am impressed with mine so far.

I was a bit sceptical with it being a Vauxhall but I can see why so many are buying them.

1 hour ago, Locke said:

How do you find the Mokka Harold?

I have to say I am impressed with mine so far.

I was a bit sceptical with it being a Vauxhall but I can see why so many are buying them.

No probs so far mate (touch wood). We've had a few Vauxhalls over the years (along with Fords) and the only model we had problems with was the Corsa.

I really like the Mokka.

Looks good and nice to drive.