New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×
Locke

New scooter time

I think I am going to keep the one I have for another year. It is nice and in good order.

Am seriously thinking about dropping my petrol SUV though as it is nowhere near as economical as my previous diesel.

It is almost worth me paying any extra taxes and shit the government impose on diesel. I am forever putting petrol in the otherwise very good Mokka. Maybe it is because of a small 1.4 turbo engine? 

28 minutes ago, Locke said:

I think I am going to keep the one I have for another year. It is nice and in good order.

Am seriously thinking about dropping my petrol SUV though as it is nowhere near as economical as my previous diesel.

It is almost worth me paying any extra taxes and shit the government impose on diesel. I am forever putting petrol in the otherwise very good Mokka. Maybe it is because of a small 1.4 turbo engine? 

Don't do a large mileage so really have no concerns about petrol costs. As a matter of principle I wouldn't get a diesel due to owners being fucked over by governments (& excise pricing) who initially told people that diesels were good and a few years later they're bad for the environment due to a shower of fucking tree huggers whinging! Keeping our Mokka for another 2-3 years then decide what we're gonna do.

32 minutes ago, Harold said:

Don't do a large mileage so really have no concerns about petrol costs. As a matter of principle I wouldn't get a diesel due to owners being fucked over by governments (& excise pricing) who initially told people that diesels were good and a few years later they're bad for the environment due to a shower of fucking tree huggers whinging! Keeping our Mokka for another 2-3 years then decide what we're gonna do.

Out of interest mate and a bit off topic how many miles per gallon do you reckon you are getting round town out of the Mokka?

16 minutes ago, Locke said:

Out of interest mate and a bit off topic how many miles per gallon do you reckon you are getting round town out of the Mokka?

In all honesty I haven't a clue mate. I base a full tank (54 litres or 11.65 galls) on getting 400 miles....having said that the lowest I ever allow the fuel to reach is 1/4 of a tank. Going on the full tank & getting 400 miles, that's roughly 33.5 mpg.........but I take it as it comes.

I am getting about that round town.

I guess it isn't too bad a return when you look at it that way. Seems decent enough on a run. Getting over 40 mpg.

Soooo, the Mrs has talked me into it. I pick up this bad boy on Saturday.

Faster, better scooter all round. ABS brakes, keyless starting, heated handgrips, nearly 300 miles to a tank (£8). Am going to get panniers and a windscreen, stick a two man tent on it and do some touring in the Summer. I might even write a blog on my travels.

Sh125i-1.png

9 hours ago, Locke said:

Soooo, the Mrs has talked me into it. I pick up this bad boy on Saturday.

Faster, better scooter all round. ABS brakes, keyless starting, heated handgrips, nearly 300 miles to a tank (£8). Am going to get panniers and a windscreen, stick a two man tent on it and do some touring in the Summer. I might even write a blog on my travels.

Sh125i-1.png

Are those thing's allowed on motorways?