Sign in to follow this  
Harold

Rock

27 minutes ago, Harold said:

Anything that in that genre that floats your boat.......this is fucking A1

Don't like that at all, its like something you'll here in a pub, you know the bands that go from pub to pub? Thats just my personal opinion. I do like some rock the not the majority. I tend to like the lighter side of rock like queen, bon jovi ect. But to be honest I never choose to listen to it myself, but if it comes of the radio i'll leave it on if I like it.

I'm like my pop, dance still and probably always will do. 

9 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Don't like that at all, its like something you'll here in a pub, you know the bands that go from pub to pub? Thats just my personal opinion. I do like some rock the not the majority. I tend to like the lighter side of rock like queen, bon jovi ect. But to be honest I never choose to listen to it myself, but if it comes of the radio i'll leave it on if I like it.

I'm like my pop, dance still and probably always will do. 

Phillistine.....:flashing-lol:.....Led Zep, Black Sabbath, Motorhead, Deep Purple, Whitesnake, Lynryd Skynryd etc etc...you're gonna geta lot more of that in here mate.................if I remember.....

I had to look up the meaning of Phillistine:

a person who is hostile or indifferent to culture and the arts.

lol

Anyway, I don't really have a genre that I love every song in it. I like what I like, whether that be Pop, Dance, Rick, rap etc. If I think its good then i'll listen to it. Hate the beatles too, but people when I was at school raved about them. Think they were trying to be different, I actually cant' stand the beatles.

11 hours ago, boro_boy said:

I had to look up the meaning of Phillistine:

lol

Anyway, I don't really have a genre that I love every song in it. I like what I like, whether that be Pop, Dance, Rick, rap etc. If I think its good then i'll listen to it. Hate the beatles too, but people when I was at school raved about them. Think they were trying to be different, I actually cant' stand the beatles.

I'm basically the same as there a lot of pop, funky wee tunes that I enjoy but my main enjoyment musically comes from Rock.

PS....never heard of Rick ? Typo ?

9 minutes ago, Locke said:

This guy ain't too shabby either.

Aye, he's near the top. Him, Bruce and Baker were awesome as....

Great band a tremendous solo. I was at a gig they played in Glasgow around 1975/76. That was the original band. This is them playing the same track live on my favourite music show in them thar years.....here we go.....Ronnie Van Zant on vocals sadly missed.

11 minutes ago, Harold said:

Fancy a wee trip to Never never land ? Jump on the bus folks...

Seen these guys in Pittsburgh on the At Anger tour.

Seriously, seriously good outfit although a little conceited.

St Anger....one of my favourite tracks. The official video was filmed at an American prison (St Quinten  possibly ?). check it out if you haven't seen it.

Yes. I had an original St Anger tour tee shirt in brown. There were not many of those about in this country!

Alas it has seen better days.

Also seen them over here at Monsters of Rock Castle Donnington and Milton Keynes Bowl.

7 minutes ago, Harold said:

St Anger....one of my favourite tracks. The official video was filmed at an American prison (St Quinten  possibly ?). check it out if you haven't seen it.

They opened up to some spaghetti western music and then just unleashed.

I like a wide range of music, and judge every tune i hear individually. Mainly tho it's rock or reggae for me. Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and AC-DC, being among my favourites, also love the Stones and The Who, and the Black Crowes who never got the success their music deserved, amongst many others.Strangely in the summer i listen more to reggae, Bob Marley, UB40, Lucky Dube being the main choice.

If you are ever lucky enough to experience staying at Sandals Montego Bay, the BBQ's they do on the white sandy beach, the reggae music playing against the backdrop of the Caribbean sea, reggae will stay with you forever, it proper gets into your soul.

9 hours ago, The Realist said:

I like a wide range of music, and judge every tune i hear individually. Mainly tho it's rock or reggae for me. Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and AC-DC, being among my favourites, also love the Stones and The Who, and the Black Crowes who never got the success their music deserved, amongst many others.Strangely in the summer i listen more to reggae, Bob Marley, UB40, Lucky Dube being the main choice.

If you are ever lucky enough to experience staying at Sandals Montego Bay, the BBQ's they do on the white sandy beach, the reggae music playing against the backdrop of the Caribbean sea, reggae will stay with you forever, it proper gets into your soul.

Reggae has never done anything for me....just cannot like it. Can't explain it...christ, I even like 'some' rap.

Seen this band live in the mid 70's at the Apollo, Glasgow. Trower - great guitarist

and they keep on coming....

this is one of my all time favs...Remember Woodstock' 1969 ? What a voice Grace Slick had..