Boozer Recommendations

Mr Magnificent

Use this thread to rate and slate pubs wherever you may be.

Is it fine dining or spit and sawdust?

I am in a nice pub just outside Barnsley. Good selection of beer, large beer garden and serves food.

Definitely ok for the family.

8/10.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rarely frequent pubs these days but one stands out in my nearest town. The Woodside Inn. Not exactly spit and sawdust & does no grub but a nice friendly establishment. If all your looking for is a decent drink, a blether with your mates with no hassle then this gets a 10/10 for me.

Sorry, should have included the Wheatsheaf Inn also....same criteria as the Woodie (as it is commonly known). Also 10/10.

3 minutes ago, Locke said:

I just think a thread like this gives insight for folk out of town. 

The Man in the Moon in West Heath Birmingham is a toilet. Don't bother.

Locke mate, I doubt very much I will ever be in Birmingham.....:flashing-lol:

Bull Ring Tavern. No kids, no food, just a pub full of like minded loons. The natives are reasonably tolerant, as long as there is no attitude. the bouncers give you a tool on the way in too. Feckin love the place, being frequenting there since the early 80's. It did try a brief unsuccessful flirtation with food, after re opening a few years back, tho offering no gravy with a Sunday lunch was never gonna be a success. anybody other than a regular who complained, was generally told to fuck off, and dumped on the street outside. It is a pub most outsiders only visit once.

10/10 from me.

On 04/05/2018 at 21:36, The Realist said:

Bull Ring Tavern. No kids, no food, just a pub full of like minded loons. The natives are reasonably tolerant, as long as there is no attitude. the bouncers give you a tool on the way in too. Feckin love the place, being frequenting there since the early 80's. It did try a brief unsuccessful flirtation with food, after re opening a few years back, tho offering no gravy with a Sunday lunch was never gonna be a success. anybody other than a regular who complained, was generally told to fuck off, and dumped on the street outside. It is a pub most outsiders only visit once.

10/10 from me.

Me and the wife usually pop in there when we are in town.

Cracking music played and the horse racing is usually on with decent prices. Cheap and cheerful place.

Last time i went in there i forgot it was cash only and the barman had already pulled the beers. I said hang on i will go get some cash up in Bull Ring at this a guy standing at bar and clocking what had happened called the barman over and paid for the beers. Mrs went and got some cash and we tried in vain to give him the money but he just supped up and left. 

So not all bad in there.

Would be a 10 but the toilets are upstairs and that bugs the shit out of me. 

9/10

Guest Red Devil

The Castle Inn (Biddulph)

Had a family day out at Biddulph grange today, stunning gardens and lovely day out. So after a nice day out we wanted a quality Sunday roast. We stummbled across the Castle Inn. 

Sunday roast wise I'd rate this 7/10, it was nice but not worth top star ratings. 

As for the pub, it had live chickens in the beer garden and it had real ale, so to me it was worth a 9/10 for location.

1 hour ago, Locke said:

Me and the wife usually pop in there when we are in town.

Cracking music played and the horse racing is usually on with decent prices. Cheap and cheerful place.

Last time i went in there i forgot it was cash only and the barman had already pulled the beers. I said hang on i will go get some cash up in Bull Ring at this a guy standing at bar and clocking what had happened called the barman over and paid for the beers. Mrs went and got some cash and we tried in vain to give him the money but he just supped up and left. 

So not all bad in there.

Would be a 10 but the toilets are upstairs and that bugs the shit out of me. 

9/10

The vile bitch of a gaffer needs to go, she don't want Blues in there, it was closed today before the game FFS. she is a dingle, and needs to fuck off soon.

The old mill snooker club (my local)..

I can only give this a try 10/10, absolutely cracking bar, along with the best pool tables in dundee. My 2 friends who own it, have done for just over a year and the time and effort they have put into it is amazing.

Always get a laugh with the regulars and would do anything for you.

If ever in dundee and fancy snooker or pool, definitely recommend.

8 hours ago, The Realist said:

The vile bitch of a gaffer needs to go, she don't want Blues in there, it was closed today before the game FFS. she is a dingle, and needs to fuck off soon.

Is she the blonde who wears a black vest?

I only go in there about once a month so not familiar with who is who?