New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×
The Realist

Raheem Sterling's Tattoo!

What a load of bollocks...total overreaction but that's MSM for you...Lucy Cope stated....What a pussy society this country has become....whatever you think about Sterling I struggle to contemplate he has connection to gansters"She told The Sun: "We demand he has the tattoo lasered off or covered up with a different tattoo."

Demand ? Fucking DEMAND ?.....away and take a tablet you silly cow!

What a pussy society this country has become....whatever you think about Sterling I struggle to contemplate he has connection to gangsters.

Who cares what tattoos people have on, this country is too PC. We are worried more about possibly offending people, most people wont' give a fuck about this. I know I don't, to me its just classed as a "Gash Tat" which is a shit tattoo.

5 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Who cares what tattoos people have on, this country is too PC. We are worried more about possibly offending people, most people wont' give a fuck about this. I know I don't, to me its just classed as a "Gash Tat" which is a shit tattoo.

I've passed that point mate....I just don't give a fuck....I'm not racist, homophobic, misogynistic but I speak my mind....I speak as I find things....nowt intended but if folk take offence then so be it...fuck 'em!

What I think would have a genuine impact is if all his teammates refused to speak to The Sun throughout the World Cup campaign. Yes, they will vilify them even more when they eventually lose, but it would be the chance to make a stand and let them know that if you have horrendous agendas against certain players to sell the front of the newspapers then the players won't provide the quotes/interviews which help you sell the back of the paper. 

Imagine Custis and his shabby crew reporting back that they can't get any access to England players because of Sterling's treatment. Would it make them reconsider in the future? 

Also feck the sun anyhow, just cos.

5 minutes ago, Harold said:

I've passed that point mate....I just don't give a fuck....I'm not racist, homophobic, misogynistic but I speak my mind....I speak as I find things....nowt intended but if folk take offence then so be it...fuck 'em!

That is the view I take right now too.

31 minutes ago, The Realist said:

What I think would have a genuine impact is if all his teammates refused to speak to The Sun throughout the World Cup campaign. Yes, they will vilify them even more when they eventually lose, but it would be the chance to make a stand and let them know that if you have horrendous agendas against certain players to sell the front of the newspapers then the players won't provide the quotes/interviews which help you sell the back of the paper. 

Imagine Custis and his shabby crew reporting back that they can't get any access to England players because of Sterling's treatment. Would it make them reconsider in the future? 

Also feck the sun anyhow, just cos.

good point....the rags/media depend on players/management/coaches  for interviews etc more than the other way around.

14 hours ago, Harold said:

good point....the rags/media depend on players/management/coaches  for interviews etc more than the other way around.

I think if you look at the way that players in America in both the NBA and NFL are starting to stand up for themselves more, this could be a real movement for the team. 

Usually, this would be something that a press team would be scared of doing for future backlash, but the landscape is so much wider than written press now. 

One statement which is put out by Harry Kane on behalf of the players would be a viral sensation, you'd get very favourable press from the other newspapers, the clip would be shown on every news outlet in the country and The Sun would get a very public kicking. There is a thread on Twitter that details every attack on Sterling from The Sun, the players could list each of these stories. 

Of course, they would dig up every skeleton they can and try to turn it back on them, but the power of social media these days is such that most of it would just get shouted down anyway. 

It would take perfect planning and execution from a PR/comms team in the most stressful time period of their careers, but at some point somebody needs to stand up to these guys. The main concern would be that it could overshadow their World Cup plans and cause a distraction, but carefully-placed interviews or off-the-record chats might help to direct attention back on the team and then they can chat once the dust has settled. 

(That's also providing the players are on his side!)

Would be great, and it would really unite the country and the team, which hasn't happened since about 1996. 

Sticking 2 fingers up at the Sun Newspaper and backing the team is something I think virtually the entire country can get behind, regardless of affiliation.