New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×
My Football Forum
  • Staff Picks

Locke

Locke is off to Scotland

4 hours ago, Locke said:

I will, but Lashford's sausage in Brum is excellent too.

Of the  few remaining butchers in Brum, making their own they all do decent sausage, Scottish sausage is on another level tho. Not been in a supermarket or butchers since 2003, in Scotland, i know thing's constantly change. I think the only guy on here who could be an authority on Scottish sausage is @Harold.

I also think that if Harold came to Brum and was served the kind of sausage we deem good, he would think WTF is this shite. Probably try to beat half to death with a piece of so called meat.Family visiting from Scotland through the years when my parents were alive, seem to have that view.

Get it down you whilst you can fella, you will crave it when you are not able to get it.

Beware tho when asking for a sausage roll in Scotland, You will get a sausage on what we call a cob, it's a local dialect thing. So you won't get a Greggs type sausage roll.

Yeah I eat plenty of square sausage, it's excellent and a right roll filler. My preference is 'Simon Howie' but when you're out and about you obviously don't know the make you're getting. There are plenty of Greggs and seem to be everywhere but apologies to Realist.....in the main if you ask for a sausage roll you'll get a Greggs type......if you want the other, ask for a roll on sausage (square cos you may get linkers).

sausage roll

Image result for sausage roll images

roll on sausage

Image result for roll on square sausage images

2 hours ago, Locke said:

@The Realist @Harold

Have you ever been to Fort Augustus? If so, what were your thoughts?

If memory serves me right, it's by Loch Ness, on the Caledonian canal. I may be wrong tho, seen so much of Scotland, most of it as a young kid. There may not be much to do there which doesn't really matter as Scotland is about the beauty and relaxation. Imagine somebody from Fort Augustus visiting Birmingham? How much of a shithole do you think they would view it as? It would probably scar them for life.

1 minute ago, The Realist said:

If memory serves me right, it's by Loch Ness, on the Caledonian canal. I may be wrong tho, seen so much of Scotland, most of it as a young kid. There may not be much to do there which doesn't really matter as Scotland is about the beauty and relaxation. Imagine somebody from Fort Augustus visiting Birmingham? How much of a shithole do you think they would view it as? It would probably scar them for life.

They would think they were in the middle East.

Yes, all we want to do is travel, eat and relax. It has been five years we have been talking about this trip.

Mrs has bought me fly fishing rods for Father's Day too. Bonus! 

2 minutes ago, Locke said:

Mrs has bought me fly fishing rods for Father's Day too. Bonus! 

I suggest you learn to use them, before you hit the waterside, practice in the garden, park, wherever. also check out the fishing season dates, as they can vary from river to river. Being caught breaking fishing/gaming laws in Scotland can be very grim. Family member jailed for it.

7 hours ago, MrMacleod said:

How you getting on in Bonnie Scotland mate, where have you been? 

Let's grab a pint somewhere 👍

No mate I am not visiting until Sept 13.

A pint sounds good. I will message you nearer the time mate.

10 hours ago, Locke said:

@The Realist @Harold

Have you ever been to Fort Augustus? If so, what were your thoughts?

Haven't specifically visited Fort Augustus but as it's by Loch Ness we'll have passed through/by it.

On 14/06/2018 at 06:43, Locke said:

No mate I am not visiting until Sept 13.

A pint sounds good. I will message you nearer the time mate.

Oh okay mate, yeah definitely!. 

On 15/06/2018 at 08:53, MrMacleod said:

Oh okay mate, yeah definitely!. 

I guess this is no longer on mate what with the new start and all that?

I'm in ullapool at the moment. 

Nothing much here but the hills look nice. Off to Stornoway tomorrow, sailing at 9am so we getting there before the england match starts at 1pm.

9 hours ago, Locke said:

I guess this is no longer on mate what with the new start and all that?

Can still arrange something for in Scotland somewhere.