• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Things that are overrated!

superally

Expensive clothes and branded shoes and cars are overrated items that aren’t worth your efforts!

There are nonbranded items that also have really great quality. Don’t be defined by the clothes you wear, the shoes you walk in and the car you drive.

Instead, be defined by your friendly personality, positive outlook in life and kindness.

Luxury items may run out of style, but being gracious and confident of yourself is a classic, timeless trait.

10 minutes ago, Locke said:

Expensive clothes and branded shoes and cars are overrated items that aren’t worth your efforts!

There are nonbranded items that also have really great quality. Don’t be defined by the clothes you wear, the shoes you walk in and the car you drive.

Instead, be defined by your friendly personality, positive outlook in life and kindness.

Luxury items may run out of style, but being gracious and confident of yourself is a classic, timeless trait.

I dress like a fucking scruff mate.....the wife's always 'tut tutting' at me when we go out.....:flashing-lol:

30 minutes ago, Harold said:

Overrated 

Jeremy 'terrorist sympathiser' Corbyn.....Dianne 'thick as shit' Abbott.....Fuck it...The Labour party!

I seriously cannot understand how anybody could even have an ounce of liking for those 2.

26 minutes ago, Locke said:

The world in my opinion.

Me and the wife were like "Really?"

Expensive, aggressive, dirty. 

As I said never, ever again.

After my first visit i said never again ( England 94), then the Blues went and played a pre season friendly there a couple of years back, so i went, as loads of our lads were going. I really hope i never have to go back there again. If ever i do it will be for football nothing else.

5 hours ago, Locke said:

I seriously disagree with that. I have worked hard all my life. I never did just want to provide for my family, I wanted to be able to afford the best for them, and give them a decent life, good holidays,whatever playstation or other type thing they wanted at Xmas, birthday time  etc, which i have done at the same time as maintaining good family moral values. My kids have grown up, and flown the nest, yet at least once a week we will still sit down and eat a meal as a family together, whether that is at our house, or a Sunday dinner at a pub whatever.My work ethic has had an affect on them, as they too have gone on to work hard, and attain nice thing's for themselves. They have all bought a house for themselves at a relatively early age.  They drive to my house in nice German cars, wearing nice designer clothing.I am confident this will be passed down to my grandchildren too.

That post also somehow suggests to me, if you drive a BMW or Merc, you somehow cant have friends or be socially acceptable (that i just how i view it).

I drive a posh car, and wear designer clothes, as that is my choice, that is what i work for.

Out of interest are you suggesting it feels just as good driving a 1995 Vauxhall Corsa, and wearing clothes from Tesco, as i feel in my 2017 F-pace, wearing Hugo Boss and Lacoste?

I also have a very large social circle, I have a very happy life, I have a positive outlook, and very well known and respected in the circle's that matter to me or my family.

Tho in another way i partly agree with your post, or the words between the lines.- IE, If i pulled up outside a posh restaurant in my car, with my designer clothes on, then somebody else pulls up alongside, in a Corsa, and cheap crappy clothing, I guarantee i would be treated differently/preferentially. That is what i find annoying, cos we are just 2 different people, driving different cars, and i may be better dressed- BUT, we are 2 people going for a meal, and one mans coin, is as good as the next.

It's all about personal choice /standards.

I am not defined by anything i wear or drive, i just like nicer thing's and work to pay for them

Sadly tho, i do see a lot of jealousy around. How many nice cars get keyed, just for being a nice car? That kind of thing makes me sick. Most people who have a nice car, or clothes have earned them. Drug dealers and criminals aside.

7 hours ago, The Realist said:

I seriously disagree with that. I have worked hard all my life. I never did just want to provide for my family, I wanted to be able to afford the best for them, and give them a decent life, good holidays,whatever playstation or other type thing they wanted at Xmas, birthday time  etc, which i have done at the same time as maintaining good family moral values. My kids have grown up, and flown the nest, yet at least once a week we will still sit down and eat a meal as a family together, whether that is at our house, or a Sunday dinner at a pub whatever.My work ethic has had an affect on them, as they too have gone on to work hard, and attain nice thing's for themselves. They have all bought a house for themselves at a relatively early age.  They drive to my house in nice German cars, wearing nice designer clothing.I am confident this will be passed down to my grandchildren too.

That post also somehow suggests to me, if you drive a BMW or Merc, you somehow cant have friends or be socially acceptable (that i just how i view it).

I drive a posh car, and wear designer clothes, as that is my choice, that is what i work for.

Out of interest are you suggesting it feels just as good driving a 1995 Vauxhall Corsa, and wearing clothes from Tesco, as i feel in my 2017 F-pace, wearing Hugo Boss and Lacoste?

I also have a very large social circle, I have a very happy life, I have a positive outlook, and very well known and respected in the circle's that matter to me or my family.

Tho in another way i partly agree with your post, or the words between the lines.- IE, If i pulled up outside a posh restaurant in my car, with my designer clothes on, then somebody else pulls up alongside, in a Corsa, and cheap crappy clothing, I guarantee i would be treated differently/preferentially. That is what i find annoying, cos we are just 2 different people, driving different cars, and i may be better dressed- BUT, we are 2 people going for a meal, and one mans coin, is as good as the next.

It's all about personal choice /standards.

I am not defined by anything i wear or drive, i just like nicer thing's and work to pay for them

Sadly tho, i do see a lot of jealousy around. How many nice cars get keyed, just for being a nice car? That kind of thing makes me sick. Most people who have a nice car, or clothes have earned them. Drug dealers and criminals aside.

Yes I am. The vast majority of people in this world are not bothered about such things.

I have taken on board all you have said and deem myself just as happy and equal to you in every way.