New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×

Why has it become such a big thing to bang on about the character traits of this one generation compared to any other in history? 

I seem to hear it mentioned on everything. 

Rarely in a positive way.

Is it because they are the downfall of Western Society?

Posted (edited)

I would say it is to do with failed multi culturalism. 

The values that previous generations had in this country no longer mean anything as offence is so easily taken.

Edited by Locke

Quite a complex subject and imo there's no one factor that can be highlighted on its own as being responsible. Society changes....always has, always will but for the better or for the worse ? That is for the individual to decide. How we  of a certain age look at various happenings has certainly changed from previous eras. We believe (well certainly I do) we have a more 'moral' outlook on how events have transpired but others, the millenials' will view events differently...eg    'Slavery'. Slavery (I'm talking about the transportation of Africans to USA in bygone days etc) was a big business and at the time was looked upon as a legitimate trade by those whose business it was.....but eventually it phased out and was looked upon as terrible. Now I personally think that it was a despicable trade/business but I accept that it was a normal way of life back then but would not be tolerated nowadays, however I don't believe that in this day and age that we should be apologising for the acts of others as many people have done and advocated to be the correct thing to do. Look at what is happening regards statues (of former people who were involved in slave trade but also done much good) etc at various universities across the world due to the snowflake students attitudes which no doubt will have been severely influenced to the point that they believe their opinion is the only one....disagreement is not tolerated.

As society moves on various people introduce new ideas and concepts and have done moreso, imo, since the so called millenials came into being. There are and always have been minority groups but in days gone by they were dismissed, in the main, as oddballs but throughout the years more and more of members of these sections of society have been getting into positions of authority where they have a big voice and gradually, slowly they have been taken more seriously because they have the ears of those who actually count.....politics (local and national), education, law and order, health service and Unions (probably more but that's off the top of my head). All it takes is one person to plant a seed and allow it to grow which has been happening in various guises throughout time but we are actually experiencing it here and now because we are affected by it. You can see what has happened with education, and from what I read and hear it is nothing like what I went through over 50 years ago, law and order has become a joke imo thanks to the policies now in place, the health service has been taken over again due to influences that would not have been tolerated or considered years ago..... operations for transgenders when life saving drugs are denied due to cost ? Look at education.....because of new 'ideas' that have introduced in the name of supposedly helping kids, said ideas are making their education far worse if official figures are accepted. Articles I have read recently suggest that there are more and more pupils leaving school now than at any time in history who can barely read or write properly....DISGUSTING!

I would suggest that a large number of workers in these professions ARE millenials.....THEY are the future, like it or lump it, and they aint going away.

@Harold, I agree with everything you said in that post-

I don't believe that in this day and age that we should be apologising for the acts of others as many people have done and advocated to be the correct thing to do.

That being one of the best tthings i have read for a long while.

respect.png