New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×

I've currently added a shop to the forum, you now get points for posting;

10 Points for a new topic
2 points per reply to a topic
1 Point per reply to a topic you started

I'm going to hopefully but a betting addon very soon so I can start adding a few games for people to get on with the points.

Would this interest anyone, or will you not use it?

1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

I've currently added a shop to the forum, you now get points for posting;

10 Points for a new topic
2 points per reply to a topic
1 Point per reply to a topic you started

I'm going to hopefully but a betting addon very soon so I can start adding a few games for people to get on with the points.

Would this interest anyone, or will you not use it?

Would this be done purely on the forum or (you mentioned app which fills me with apprehension) would we have to do something outwith my simple capabilities? If not & if it was done automatically then fine.

29 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I've bought it and put a few bets up.

https://www.myfootballforum.com/index.php?app=sportsbettingapp&module=main&controller=selections

The link is also at the top of the site on the far right tab its called "Betting Shop"

Its all manual.

this isn't actual money is it....just points on the forum ? I'll have more of a look tomorrow. Reason I'm asking is that I do nothing financial online.

3 minutes ago, Harold said:

this isn't actual money is it....just points on the forum ? I'll have more of a look tomorrow. Reason I'm asking is that I do nothing financial online.

Its just points, no money is involved at all. 

10 hours ago, boro_boy said:

I'm only going to post a few games a week so not going to put hundreds of games up!

Do you select the games and type of bets or do you just take them from somewhere & use them ? Can I make a suggestion....see the bets which say 'over x amount of goals' ? You don't get this at a bookies.....it should be ' x amount of goals or over'. Or..............over 1.5, 2.5 or 3.5 goals etc etc. Hope I've explained that clear enough.

23 minutes ago, Harold said:

Do you select the games and type of bets or do you just take them from somewhere & use them ? Can I make a suggestion....see the bets which say 'over x amount of goals' ? You don't get this at a bookies.....it should be ' x amount of goals or over'. Or..............over 1.5, 2.5 or 3.5 goals etc etc. Hope I've explained that clear enough.

Oh yeah, that makes sense. I'll edit it now.

Don't worry about doing this as you can't at the moment as for some reason the person who made this has made it so the bets can only be added and edited / settled via the admin cp. I've asked him to possibly make it that moderators can do all this from the moderator control panel and also to have more than one option for a bet!

I see you now have a section showing 'most points'.....are these the points we use for betting and are betting points won added to this. I noticed when you go to bet it shows 'you have 25 points' ? How does it work if your bet loses ?

I've just noticed that when you go to bet, the points shown there tally with the points shown on the 'most points' table. Getting there....................slowly :flashing-lol:

1 minute ago, Harold said:

I've just noticed that when you go to bet, the points shown there tally with the points shown on the 'most points' table. Getting there....................slowly :flashing-lol:

hahahahaah, yes your proper switched on :laughing-smiley-face:

2 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

hahahahaah, yes you're proper switched on :laughing-smiley-face:

wasn't gonna do this but seeing you're taking the piss..........amended ....................:happy:

5 minutes ago, Harold said:

wasn't gonna do this but seeing you're taking the piss..........amended ....................:happy:

FUCK!!! :facepalm-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon:

@BB....any chance you could include a bet which is to do with Scottish Premiership games when you put up your lists ?

1 hour ago, Harold said:

@BB....any chance you could include a bet which is to do with Scottish Premiership games when you put up your lists ?

Yeah i''ll put some up this afternoon

18 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Yeah i''ll put some up this afternoon

is there anywhere that retains our bets that we can check on without having to write them down ?

I think that any current member who gets someone to register and make at least one post should be awarded at least 100 points ? I give you Hairy Scot who will verify my input....

30 minutes ago, Harold said:

I think that any current member who gets someone to register and make at least one post should be awarded at least 100 points ? I give you Hairy Scot who will verify my input....

I don't know how i'd be able to track that! 

I could find a referral system

15 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I don't know how i'd be able to track that! 

I could find a referral system

Ask him ? Both he and me are honourable chaps and would never lie.