Memory lapses ?

Harold

Anyone had any of the above recently ? I'm not talking run of the mill shit but something you consider to be important.

Our car's road tax was due on 1st July. When we got the DVLA reminder in mid June we stuck the cash in the envelop with the reminder to take to the post office. Last Monday 16th July I was sitting out the back having a smoke and I honestly cannot say what brought this into my thoughts but something 'pinged' in my brain.....'did we renew the road tax' ? I asked the wife and was like....I think so, did we, I'm sure we did, did we ? Looked in the kitchen drawer and there was the fucking envelop with the reminder and £155 cash. Fuck, I thought before rushing down to the post office and paying....the wifey serving says to me...'that's you legal again'....haha. Yesterday we got a 'Last Chance' reminder from DVLA but it said if we had taxed the car in the last few days we need do nothing....thank fuck! Never done ANYTHING like that before and I can say that my arse was twitching a tad.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Harold said:

Anyone had any of the above recently ? I'm not talking run of the mill shit but something you consider to be important.

Our car's road tax was due on 1st July. When we got the DVLA reminder in mid June we stuck the cash in the envelop with the reminder to take to the post office. Last Monday 16th July I was sitting out the back having a smoke and I honestly cannot say what brought this into my thoughts but something 'pinged' in my brain.....'did we renew the road tax' ? I asked the wife and was like....I think so, did we, I'm sure we did, did we ? Looked in the kitchen drawer and there was the fucking envelop with the reminder and £155 cash. Fuck, I thought before rushing down to the post office and paying....the wifey serving says to me...'that's you legal again'....haha. Yesterday we got a 'Last Chance' reminder from DVLA but it said if we had taxed the car in the last few days we need do nothing....thank fuck! Never done ANYTHING like that before and I can say that my arse was twitching a tad.

That is what Direct Debits are for.

Mine is seamless. I look at the reminder and if I agree with the figures I forget about it.

12 minutes ago, Locke said:

That is what Direct Debits are for.

Mine is seamless. I look at the reminder and if I agree with the figures I forget about it.

we do most bills...utility, virgin, insurance via direct debit but road tax & tv licence we don't.

25 minutes ago, Locke said:

I think both of mine TV and Road Tax come in at around £12 each a month.

regards these two bills....do you not pay more by doing it via direct debit ? The road tax for the Mokka is £155 and this year tv licence is £150.50.

17 minutes ago, Locke said:

Yea TV licence is £12.50 a month I think.

My Mokka is £125 a year I seem to recall. 1.4 petrol turbo.

don't know when your road tax is due but we've the same  (1.4 turbo) & it is £155....probably depends when it was due to be paid this year (2018)