What's your earliest and/or most 'stand out' childhood memory.

Harold

Our first home was a tenement (2 storey) type flat that was paid for by a Pools win my dad had. There was a large rough ground area out front that was used as a clothes drying area and I recall there were also a number of wash houses. My earliest memory was of me falling off  a dry stone dyke and one of the boulders falling down and breaking bones in my hand. I remember there were a couple of women standing chatting and watching me lying in agony. Another early memory is while I was playing outside in the rough ground area this other wee boy chased me with a fucking axe. His name ?.....Thomas Hamilton......same name as the Dunblane Massacre gunman....don't know if it was the same person or not! There are a few other incidents that were fairly traumatic but I'll leave it at that for the time being.

My first and probbaly my most funniest one was when I was about 3 or 4, I had a toy catipillar scooter which I loved. 

Now we lived in a block of flats and I also had 2 older sisters. 

They told me that my catipillar could fly, so I pushed it out the top floor landing haha!. 

Safe to say we were grounded for a while haha. 

10 hours ago, MrMacleod said:

My first and probbaly my most funniest one was when I was about 3 or 4, I had a toy catipillar scooter which I loved. 

Now we lived in a block of flats and I also had 2 older sisters. 

They told me that my catipillar could fly, so I pushed it out the top floor landing haha!. 

Safe to say we were grounded for a while haha. 

Something similar to that. My mum had just finished doing her ironing and went downstairs to her friend's house for a coffee leaving me and her friend's daughter who I was friendly with in our house playing (we were only about four at the time). I began throwing the clean and newly ironed items out of the window (no health & safety in those days) and watched them flutter to the ground. My mum was sitting downstairs and looking out of the window saw all those items that she spent an age ironing come down and land on the ground outside. I don't remember what punishment I got but I never did it again.

4 hours ago, Harold said:

Something similar to that. My mum had just finished doing her ironing and went downstairs to her friend's house for a coffee leaving me and her friend's daughter who I was friendly with in our house playing (we were only about four at the time). I began throwing the clean and newly ironed items out of the window (no health & safety in those days) and watched them flutter to the ground. My mum was sitting downstairs and looking out of the window saw all those items that she spent an age ironing come down and land on the ground outside. I don't remember what punishment I got but I never did it again.

That sounds like something I would do Hah. 

Im pretty sure I was a devil's child when I was a young lad, getting upto all sort of mischief.