Jump to content
Locke

Brexit not going very good?

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, Locke said:

Does anyone think there should be a hard border in Ireland once we leave the EU?

Yes, it is a foreign country, why should it have free access to the UK? Also any free movement migrant  person type will be able to gain access to the UK via Ireland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Yes, it is a foreign country, why should it have free access to the UK? Also any free movement migrant  person type will be able to gain access to the UK via Ireland.

Don't you think it will stir up trouble though? 

The majority of the South want a united ireland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Locke said:

Don't you think it will stir up trouble though? 

The majority of the South want a united ireland.

The majority of the North don't. Northern Ireland is part of the UK, southern Ireland/ Eire is a foreign country, why the feck should we pay homage to a foreign countries wishes, over those of our own people? should we also hand over Gibraltar, and the Falklands to appease  Spain and Argentina?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Locke said:

The EU know Brexit is dead.

They will just play hard ball now until it is voted down then wait for another referendum to be called.

what they are doing with the UK is to show other members what happens if you even consider leaving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, how would a hard border be introduced?

A wall, troops?

Surely it would kill the fragile peace treaty? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Locke said:

So, how would a hard border be introduced?

A wall, troops?

Surely it would kill the fragile peace treaty? 

Neither. The UK doesn't want one, Ulster doesn't want one, the Republic doesn't want one. There will be no hard border. This particular anomaly was only introduced by the EU because the Republic is part of the EU and as an obstacle for negotiations. The 'peace treaty' has been shamefully included in this and is an affront to the good people both north and south of the border.....again put forward as a supposed obstacle. Disgraceful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree Harold.

No doubt, there are some Brexiteers in the Tory party though who like to bring it up with the DUP behind closed doors as a means of giving May more trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do have concerns about migrant movement from the south to the north though as surely our borders are not secure if they are allowed free movement? 

Unless of course a passport check is introduced on all travel from Northern Ireland to mainland Great Britain? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Locke said:

I agree Harold.

No doubt, there are some Brexiteers in the Tory party though who like to bring it up with the DUP behind closed doors as a means of giving May more trouble.

It is only brought up mate because it was introduced by the EU and won't go away. It is a sticking point that the EU believes gives it leverage in negotiations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Locke said:

I do have concerns about migrant movement from the south to the north though as surely our borders are not secure if they are allowed free movement? 

Unless of course a passport check is introduced on all travel from Northern Ireland to mainland Great Britain? 

Locke, do you think the mainland's border is secure ? The illegals don't just turn up at Dover only. They have hundreds of miles in which to be landed. Your second point could be a stumbling block. I don't know the answer to that but it would cause an outcry imo as the people of Ulster are citizens of the UK and wouldn't need a passport to travel to the UK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Locke said:

I do have concerns about migrant movement from the south to the north though as surely our borders are not secure if they are allowed free movement? 

Unless of course a passport check is introduced on all travel from Northern Ireland to mainland Great Britain? 

Yes bring back passport checks. Only way ahead to secure the UK. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Harold said:

Locke, do you think the mainland's border is secure ? The illegals don't just turn up at Dover only. They have hundreds of miles in which to be landed. Your second point could be a stumbling block. I don't know the answer to that but it would cause an outcry imo as the people of Ulster are citizens of the UK and wouldn't need a passport to travel to the UK.

That was my point mate.

It is a tough one eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Yes bring back passport checks. Only way ahead to secure the UK. 

Why do Northern Irish nationals need a passport to travel within their own country?

That would constitutionally be wrong on every level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appalling...this drunken cunt is one of the presidents of the EU. Numerous videos of his drunken behaviour....this is the latest one. And that totalitarian institution wonder why we have no faith in them ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think has been pretty apparent for a long time now that the EU is running Brexit.

We just get to say yes or no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/12/2018 at 15:32, Locke said:

Why do Northern Irish nationals need a passport to travel within their own country?

That would constitutionally be wrong on every level.

Because we are an Island and they are on a different Island!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Because we are an Island and they are on a different Island!!!

Makes no odds. They are British nationals 

So, should British nationals from other islands (that are British territory) have to show their passports too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Because we are an Island and they are on a different Island!!!

Ulster is part of the UK so no passports required to travel within their own country.

If you are flying solely within the UK, including Northern Ireland, you do not need apassport but we advise that you carry photographic identification with you when travelling, such as your passport or driving licence. 

Note the wording on the passport.

190px-Ukpassport-cover.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Locke said:

So, should British nationals from other islands (that are British territory) have to show their passports too?

Yes because they are travelling from outwith the UK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.