• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Mr Magnificent

Brexit not going very good?

Brexit  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

56 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Let's get the fuck out 

Who would have believed it.....secrecy in the EU? Honestly I've advocated to leave this totalitarian, corrupt institution long before Cameron even thought about a referendum. Total fucking scum!

13 minutes ago, Harold said:

Who would have believed it.....secrecy in the EU? Honestly I've advocated to leave this totalitarian, corrupt institution long before Cameron even thought about a referendum. Total fucking scum!

I advocated not joining it 47 years ago, and then it was only an "economic community".

But just like Enoch I was ignored.

3 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Let's get the fuck out 

Scary.....even scarier is its from 2 yeaes ago and people are fighting tooth and nail to stay in

8 minutes ago, Normski said:

Scary.....even scarier is its from 2 yeaes ago and people are fighting tooth and nail to stay in

Bear in mind that the referendum did not deliver a sweeping majority in favour of leaving the EU.

The final result of that referendum was in fact indecisive and that is what has led to the subsequent topsy turvy situation.

Had there been a definitive result in the referendum then the way forward would have been much clearer, but politicians being what they are the situation merely gave licence to their normal practice of vacillation and obfuscation as they strive to convince the populace that the administration knows best.

It could well be that the only course left is to have a second referendum with clearly defined parameters regarding percentage of the electorate casting votes and the required majority required. There should also be a clearly defined number of choices available.

Bottom line is that it should be decided be the electorate and not by May or Corbyn or their acolytes.

5 minutes ago, Normski said:

Could they handle mahhem all over the country? 

There's an easy solution, and it need not involve the constabulary. But it seems Westminster is too thick to see that,

45 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

The final result of that referendum was in fact indecisive

No it wasn't Hairy. 

at the referendum Leave won 51.89 per cent of the vote and Remain won 48.11 per cent. 

47 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

It could well be that the only course left is to have a second referendum

Absolutely NOT. The result in 2016 must be adhered to....that is called democracy.

52 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Bottom line is that it should be decided be the electorate

It already has been mate. It is the detail of leaving that had to be left to the politicians.

55 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Had there been a definitive result in the referendum

But there was....I don't understand how you can say there was not.

56 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

then the way forward would have been much clearer

How so ? It would still have been up to politicians to undertake negotiations.

10 minutes ago, Harold said:

No it wasn't Hairy. 

at the referendum Leave won 51.89 per cent of the vote and Remain won 48.11 per cent. 

Absolutely NOT. The result in 2016 must be adhered to....that is called democracy.

It already has been mate. It is the detail of leaving that had to be left to the politicians.

Hairy doing his Anna Soubry impression:blob-joy:

1 hour ago, Harold said:

No it wasn't Hairy. 

1 hour ago, Normski said:

Hairy doing his Anna Soubry impression:blob-joy:

49 minutes ago, Normski said:

I was merely expressing an opinion.

52 to 48 is hardly decisive. In fact it is divisive.

But that is not the point.

The point is that Theresa May chose to interpret that result as meaning that there was room for negotiation.

Had there been mention of exit deals prior to the referendum then things may well have been different.

I am all for Brexit, but since I am not resident in the UK that is tautological.

As I have said on many occasions, it all comes down to politicians thinking that they know best.

If you want to take potshots at me and compare me to some obscure Tory MP, fair enough, that does not change the facts.

51 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

I was merely expressing an opinion.

But that is not the point.

The point is that Theresa May chose to interpret that result as meaning that there was room for negotiation.

Had there been mention of exit deals prior to the referendum then things may well have been different.

I am all for Brexit, but since I am not resident in the UK that is tautological.

As I have said on many occasions, it all comes down to politicians thinking that they know best.

If you want to take potshots at me and compare me to some obscure Tory MP, fair enough, that does not change the facts.

But it's exactly what remainers are coming up with in desperation to staying in

A vote went through Paeliament last night by 1 vote to stop no deal

A Labour MP who is tagged and on a curfew shouldn't even have been fucking there to cast her illegal vote for yes

Was this vote decisive or devisive?

51 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

So a result actually isn't a result ?

52 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

You put that over as fact Hairy but it is merely your opinion. However, I think everyone would agree that due to the obvious complexities there had to be some form of negotiation. The fact that May & co made a complete cow's arse of our side's wants is irrespective to that particular point!

56 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Had there been mention of exit deals prior to the referendum

Who actually knew what these were going to be. I'd venture that nobody was in a position to know this.

57 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

then things may well have been different.

To quote Kenny Dalglish....Mibeez aye, mibeez naw.

House of Commons suspended due to 'a huge leak'....I wonder who that could be ? Sourbry, Blackford, Grieve, Corbyn ?

Actually there is water pouring in from the roof so no doubt the members will be offski to their subsidised bar!

So what's been going on the past few days, I've not really been keeping up with it. I'm still hoping for a no deal. But think that's not going I happen and may will get an extension.

She needs to fuck off and let someone else run the conservatives. One thing for sure is when the general election is called, labour and the conservatives will lose a lot of voters to the likes of the Brexit party and indipendant MPs.

11 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

So what's been going on the past few days, I've not really been keeping up with it. I'm still hoping for a no deal.

Usual shit....Remainers trying like fuck to do everything to thwart us leaving especially with No Deal. In fact a bill was voted on yesterday (Norm alluded to it earlier) to actually make it law that there can be NO DEAL. It was passed by 1 vote & is now being discussed in the Lords & if passed there I believe that will be final! I am totally disgusted by these MP's who have ignored the wishes of their voters but hey, we're the plebs who know no better! Spineless Cunts, the majority of them.

Oh....and, more to the point, I am having a few snifters!

Hahaha, your on it again lol

Surely the house of Lord will see sense and not vote this through. Even thought they are 99% remainers!

They MUST take into account what the people of the UK want. At the moment most people just want a No Deal to put this fucking shambles to sleep. Well that was on a infogaphic on the Daily Mail lol 

26 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Surely the house of Lord will see sense and not vote this through. Even thought they are 99% remainers!

Nup....they will mate!

28 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

They MUST take into account what the people of the UK want.

You are joking mate. The public who voted to leave have long been forgotten. It's a fucking political game now and has been since 2016.

Over here in Froggy land the locals can't stop pishing themselves laughing at the ineptness of the British to get the fuck out.

56 minutes ago, sployal said:

Over here in Froggy land the locals can't stop pishing themselves laughing at the ineptness of the British to get the fuck out.

No fucking wonder..... hope Macron tells her to work it....

Brexit is dead.

Inch by inch and hour by hour the minority are getting their way.

Where is Farage? He hasn't had much to say lately has he?