Mr Magnificent

Brexit not going very good?

Brexit  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 minutes ago, Normski said:

Fucking dopey cunt,how the fuck does he represent people,too right the NHS should charge EU citizens who haven't made contributions

👏👏👏

20190814_152906.thumb.jpg.f083ccc67c5be3f4adea1021502ef127.jpg

Lammy never has anything pertinent to say so he descends to constant criticism without substance (as per the reply he got). David Lammy a racist cunt....always has been, always will be!

18 hours ago, Harold said:

We had this discussion about another 'once in a lifetime' separation referendum where I told you that permission had to be given by the PM and you wouldn't accept that even with quotes or links I posted. Now, did you hear the statement by John McDonnell the other day whilst in Edinburgh....he said if Labour were in government they wouldn't stand in the way of another one and that was the opinion of Jeremy Corbyn. As for other policy I would think it would be party policy (but that's just my opinion) and as for legislation....parliament.

Johnson and the Brexiteers in the Conservative party & whoever else outwith the Tories will try and get us out on 31/10/2019....that is their mission. The other party remainers within parliament will do their utmost to stop leaving with NO Deal....but you also have dummy spitters like Sturgeon who do not wish to leave the EU & will vote against ANYTHING to do with leaving.

If they (remainers) possibly can then YES, they will do everything in their power to ignore us, the voters. Listen Hairy, the public who voted leave have long since stopped being a relevance in this most important happening. It has become the property of the liberal elite who neither care nor consider us!

Firstly, if Brexit does not happen on 31/10/2019 then I'd imagine another extension would be applied for but who the fuck really knows. I'll give you an indication as to why those in parliament who voted a majority to trigger artlice 50 are now reneging on that.....What they have done is knocked back May's Withdrawal Agreement three times and they know that the EU said this deal will not be changed so they (the no leavers) are dependent on the EU standing firm and also they are hopeful that NO Deal can be stopped here by whatever means meaning that there is more chance of the entire process coming to an end which suits them down to the ground because................they DO NOT WANT TO LEAVE THE EU!

Or there could be a snap general election and the result of that would depend on the next step.

I fear you are deluded and misinformed.

Britain is a democracy, but even though 51% of the electorate favoured Brexit, the system is such that their desires can be legally and easily thwarted by Parliament.
The people's voice is tempered by those whom they elected.

Now, if UK were a dictatorship then BJ would have free rein, but since it is a democracy it is quite possible that Boris will be thwarted.

Interesting times ahead.

20 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

I fear you are deluded and misinformed.

Britain is a democracy, but even though 51% of the electorate favoured Brexit, the system is such that their desires can be legally and easily thwarted by Parliament.

Now, if UK were a dictatorship then BJ would have free rein, but since it is a democracy it is quite possible that Boris will be thwarted.

Interesting times ahead.

Ummm.....52%

36 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

I fear you are deluded and misinformed

please show where in my post that you consider me to be deluded & misinformed ? You made a strong accusation but give no alternative as to the points I made.

19 minutes ago, Normski said:

It is supposed to be a democracy but when the result does not go in favour of those who disagree with the result and do their damndest to nullify the majority's wishes then it indicates that those people do not truly believe in democracy.....they are imo traitors to the system!  Democracy should never be a tool to be twisted to suit one's desires. Parliament voted to trigger article 50 by a majority of 384 MPs for the UK to leave the EU but now a majority have 3 times refused to pass May's Withdrawal Bill and are spitting feathers because the only other deal on the table is No Deal because the EU refuse to renegotiate. Outwith No Deal we would still be tied to the EU for God knows how long under their rules and regs.

32 minutes ago, Normski said:

Ummm.....52%

26 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:
Leave 17,410,742 51.89%
Remain 16,141,241 48.11%

Very pedantic....however STILL a majority whichever spin you put on it!

56 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Britain is a democracy, but even though 51% of the electorate favoured Brexit,

what happened to the .89 there ?.......:flashing-lol:

4 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Not quite!

fucks sake....it's only .11 %....it is still a majority.

40 minutes ago, Harold said:

please show where in my post that you consider me to be deluded & misinformed ? You made a strong accusation but give no alternative as to the points I made.

It is supposed to be a democracy but when the result does not go in favour of those who disagree with the result and do their damndest to nullify the majority's wishes then it indicates that those people do not truly believe in democracy.....they are imo traitors to the system!  Democracy should never be a tool to be twisted to suit one's desires. Parliament voted to trigger article 50 by a majority of 384 MPs for the UK to leave the EU but now a majority have 3 times refused to pass May's Withdrawal Bill and are spitting feathers because the only other deal on the table is No Deal because the EU refuse to renegotiate. Outwith No Deal we would still be tied to the EU for God knows how long under their rules and regs.

Very pedantic....however STILL a majority whichever spin you put on it!

what happened to the .89 there ?.......:flashing-lol:

fucks sake....it's only .11 %....it is still a majority.

Harold, we all know that you have strong views on "the fuckwits" who favour Scottish independence and/or oppose Brexit.
However, like you and me, they are entitled to their opinions.
So it puzzles me that every time an opinion on either of these topics which might be contrary to yours is posted you embark on a diatribe against those who hold views opposed to yours.

As an expat I am so glad that I had no part in either referendum and indeed no part in electing any of the current crop of numbskulls who inhabit Holyrood House and Westminster.
But it would be nice to be able to express an opinion without having to endure one of your rants in response.

26 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

you embark on a diatribe against those who hold views opposed to yours.

This isn't a 'diatribe' against you mate. It's my opinion regards the points you posted. What part do think was actually aimed at you in a ranting manner ? You're taking this too personally Hairy.

1 hour ago, Harold said:

?

9 minutes ago, Harold said:

This isn't a 'diatribe' against you mate. It's my opinion regards the points you posted. What part do think was actually aimed at you in a ranting manner ? You're taking this too personally Hairy.

?

Not taking it at all personally mate.
I just feel you go OTT occasionally.
As to the political/constitutional issues; the PM is not a dictator, he/she can be and often is forced to divert from a course of action. The final arbiter has been and always will be Parliament (with all its warts and blemishes).
The PM cannot implement nor forbid any course of action without the support of Parliament.
It's called democracy!

So neither Boris nor Sajid Javid nor Sadiq Khan can implement or forbid anything off their own bats.

36 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

The PM cannot implement nor forbid any course of action without the support of Parliament.

Yes he can with regards to permitting another separation referendum. That particular decision is nothing to do with any other party. We discussed that previously and I showed you quotes or links. As far as I'm aware I have NOT said this about any other matter. That's three times I informed you about the decision over another separation referendum & it will be the last. If it's your want....find something that contradicts that and show me because you have shown diddly to date.

41 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Sajid Javid nor Sadiq Khan

eh....what have they to do with this especially Khan ?

42 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

I just feel you go OTT occasionally.

Australians....pot kettle......:flashing-lol:

43 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

As to the political/constitutional issues; the PM is not a dictator, he/she can be and often is forced to divert from a course of action.

I don't believe I have said contrary.

8 minutes ago, Harold said:

Yes he can with regards to permitting another separation referendum. That particular decision is nothing to do with any other party. We discussed that previously and I showed you quotes or links. As far as I'm aware I have NOT said this about any other matter. That's three times I informed you about the decision over another separation referendum & it will be the last. If it's your want....find something that contradicts that and show me because you have shown diddly to date.

eh....what have they to do with this especially Khan ?

Australians....pot kettle......:flashing-lol:

I don't believe I have said contrary.

Wrong on all counts.

13 minutes ago, Harold said:

If I'm wrong show something that indicates that....instead of just saying that I'm wrong.

You are just expressing opinions. So I cannot really prove or disprove those.

My contention is that the PM does not run the country. The PM cannot operate without the backing of Parliament.
In the normal day to day business of government that relationship operates reasonably smoothly.
However with emotive and .divisive issues like Brexit and Independence it seems that the lines get blurred.
When the country is divided almost 50/50 (or 52/48) with certain areas showing markedly divergent opinions does the decision come down to one person or to a body of men/women elected by the people of the country?
I would think that democracy would fall in favour of the latter.

To be sure, BJ can argue that he is adhering to the will of the people, and on that point he is dead right. But the elected body which believes it knows best could well decide otherwise. That's democracy.

Edited by Hairy Scot

22 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

You are just expressing opinions. So I cannot really prove or disprove those.

what I said about another separation referendum is FACT! So if you wish to disprove it (you won't be able to) have a search and find evidence.

24 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

with certain areas showing markedly divergent opinions

that has nothing to do with the overall result It was a 'UK Wide' vote and EVERYBODY went into it knowing exactly that. From certain areas do we then narrow it down to constituences ? To use 'certain areas' as part of an argument is farcical. Democracy is NOT being adhered to with both separation and Brexit results.

29 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

To be sure, BJ can argue that he is adhering to the will of the people, and on that point he is dead right. But the elected body which believes it knows best could well decide otherwise. That's democracy.

NO it is not!

51 minutes ago, Harold said:

what I said about another separation referendum is FACT! So if you wish to disprove it (you won't be able to) have a search and find evidence.

that has nothing to do with the overall result It was a 'UK Wide' vote and EVERYBODY went into it knowing exactly that. From certain areas do we then narrow it down to constituences ? To use 'certain areas' as part of an argument is farcical. Democracy is NOT being adhered to with both separation and Brexit results.

NO it is not!

Harold,

Regardless of your opinions (or facts), I'm pretty sure that the following will occur:-

1. Vote of no confidence forced by Jezza,
2. Vote carried.
3. General election.
4. Regardless of who wins there will be a second referendum on leaving the EU.
5. In the wake of that there will be a second IndyRef.

The Oracle has spoken.     :-)

3 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Harold,

Regardless of your opinions (or facts), I'm pretty sure that the following will occur:-

2. Vote carried.
3. General election.

The Oracle has spoken.     :-)

I would agree with this and a second referendum will result in no Brexit. 

Then the moaning fucker remainers will be saying the vote is binding etc. Cunts!

2 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

2. Vote carried.
3. General election.

I don't believe I have said that this scenario will not happen. If Labour did win they would try and pass a motion for a 2nd referendum which in all probability would be successful. If Conservatives win there will not be a 2nd referendum.

5 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Only if the Prime Minister agrees to it. Sturgeon cannot just hold a legally binding one off her own back.

2 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

a second referendum will result in no Brexit.

I thought this to begin with mate but the more and more I am becoming more pissed off with remoaners doing everything to thwart leaving I am beginning to think that there will be more people like me utterly determined to vote leave again just to stick it right up their arses and that leave would win again......then it will start....best of 5....:flashing-lol:

30 minutes ago, Harold said:

Only if the Prime Minister agrees to it. Sturgeon cannot just hold a legally binding one off her own back.

I think that should read Parliament.
However there is a way in which Sturgeon could have her referendum. I won't reveal how, but if her legal team is on the ball they will figure it out.
They will also figure out how to exclude those who are not Scottish citizens and those who have not yet reached the age of consent. IE: no fixes

11 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

I think that should read Parliament.

Incorrect.....instead of simply stating this as your opinion Hairy....post a link.

48 minutes ago, Harold said:

I don't believe I have said that this scenario will not happen. If Labour did win they would try and pass a motion for a 2nd referendum which in all probability would be successful. If Conservatives win there will not be a 2nd referendum.

I thought this to begin with mate but the more and more I am becoming more pissed off with remoaners doing everything to thwart leaving I am beginning to think that there will be more people like me utterly determined to vote leave again just to stick it right up their arses and that leave would win again......then it will start....best of 5....:flashing-lol:

Harold, there are probably a million studenty Corbyn lover types who were too young to vote first time round. 

Most of them would vote remain and not to mention car workers, farmers etc who have been scared shitless by remainers.

Honestly I wouldn't vote as fuck em! I voted once and to vote again would be an insult to my intelligence. 

I would say 60/40 remain would win though. I am sure it will be rigged if it looks like leave are a threat second time round. 

10 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Honestly I wouldn't vote as fuck em! I voted once and to vote again would be an insult to my intelligence

I did think that a while back but more and more I am seriously pissed off at what has happened so if there was I would vote leave again....what you do is your choice and I would criticise you after what has happened because I was like that.

I'm not saying that Leave would win again, I just don't want it handed to the fuckers on a plate.

35 minutes ago, Harold said:

Incorrect.....instead of simply stating this as your opinion Hairy....post a link.

Parliament is the final arbiter.
The PM is not a dictator.
Is that too difficult to grasp?

15 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Parliament is the final arbiter.
The PM is not a dictator.
Is that too difficult to grasp?

Show me your evidence regards another separation referendum because you know fine well it is that which I am speaking about....just saying what you have been saying is pointless, it has no foundation.....evidence please.