My Football Forum
Mr Magnificent

Brexit not going very good?

Brexit  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, Locke said:

Economists are saying property prices will fall by as much as 20% with no deal.

Branson has said no deal will bankrupt the UK.

All of this EU leaders know.

They have us us by the bollocks. 

I don't hold what these supposed learned people say. Fact is they DO NOT KNOW. Mark Carney the Bank of England head honcho told us before the referendum that all sorts of disasters would befall us if we voted to leave....turned out to be bollox. He has also been spouting off since....utter bollox. He is a committed remainer. Have a read of this....interesting

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/sep/16/mark-carney-brexit-project-fear-reinvent-by-accident-interest-rates

especially this section

House price crash However, any success in restricting prices rises would send tidal waves though the rest of the economy, including a housing panic as buyers found mortgage loan rates soaring, increasing the cost of purchasing a home. In the stress tests, the Bank says a 25% to 35% fall in house prices across the country is possible, wiping hundreds of billions off the value of UK property and the banks’ balance sheets.

No deal would be a calamity for homeowners.

With the amount of negative equity folk will just default on mortgage payments.

I don't pay a lot of attention to Branson, but he knows how to make dough and he thinks no deal will bankrupt us.

6 minutes ago, Locke said:

I don't pay a lot of attention to Branson, but he knows how to make dough and he thinks no deal will bankrupt us.

Seen an item on the news this morning about house prices falling...mainly in London (they're well fucking overpriced there anyway....I watch Homes under the hammer I'll have you know...haha) but in Scotland they are rising and in other areas they remain stable & this is before a 'No deal' is even considered. People will just default on mortgage payments only if the interests rates are raised to a high level (btw....when we bought our house in 1982 the mortgage interest rate was 15%)....if the house goes into negative equity they won't be able to sell. Would that not be the scenario ?

3 hours ago, Locke said:

Where is the proof of this. Branson in a cunt like the rest of the remainers.

12 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

You seem to think every cunt is a cunt. I'd hate to see what you think of all us cunts.....:flashing-lol:

You know, I have just heard that cunt Barnier (possibly Tusk) on the news. Such a fucking arrogant fucker. Fuck them...probably selfich of me to say but...FUCK the lot of them. NO DEAL will do me!!!!! I am past caring about Europe!!!!!

1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

There doesn't need to be proof.  

Plenty of economists have been forecasting about a housing crash with No Deal for a while.

Just Google it! 

Basically if we leave with No Deal  and you have just bought a house for 400k then you face a real prospect of it only being worth 300k not long after.

If however, you don't plan on moving it shouldn't make any difference.

18 minutes ago, Locke said:

Basically if we leave with No Deal  and you have just bought a house for 400k then you face a real prospect of it only being worth 300k not long after

Yeah, but that's their opinion...it doesn't mean to say that it is correct. have you noticed that ALL these doom and gloom merchants are 'Remainers' ? However, it doesn't matter if you have no intention of moving...Prices would rise at some point! Now, our arsehole of a chancellor prior to the referendum was George Osborne who said that if we voted to leave there would have to be an Emergency budget within days/weeks....never happened. David Cameron said there could be a 3rd World War....never happened. Have you noticed how often the words 'could', 'maybe' or 'possibly' are used in all the glums statements ?

I still cannot get my head around the idea that some kind of a deal is necessary.

The four remaining members of EFTA have got along just fine for the past 46 years without the EU.

Perhaps it's time to rejoin EFTA.

48 minutes ago, Locke said:

Does anyone think there should be a hard border in Ireland once we leave the EU?

Yes, it is a foreign country, why should it have free access to the UK? Also any free movement migrant  person type will be able to gain access to the UK via Ireland.

9 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Yes, it is a foreign country, why should it have free access to the UK? Also any free movement migrant  person type will be able to gain access to the UK via Ireland.

Don't you think it will stir up trouble though? 

The majority of the South want a united ireland.

8 minutes ago, Locke said:

Don't you think it will stir up trouble though? 

The majority of the South want a united ireland.

The majority of the North don't. Northern Ireland is part of the UK, southern Ireland/ Eire is a foreign country, why the feck should we pay homage to a foreign countries wishes, over those of our own people? should we also hand over Gibraltar, and the Falklands to appease  Spain and Argentina?

11 hours ago, Locke said:

The EU know Brexit is dead.

They will just play hard ball now until it is voted down then wait for another referendum to be called.

what they are doing with the UK is to show other members what happens if you even consider leaving.

14 minutes ago, Locke said:

So, how would a hard border be introduced?

A wall, troops?

Surely it would kill the fragile peace treaty? 

Neither. The UK doesn't want one, Ulster doesn't want one, the Republic doesn't want one. There will be no hard border. This particular anomaly was only introduced by the EU because the Republic is part of the EU and as an obstacle for negotiations. The 'peace treaty' has been shamefully included in this and is an affront to the good people both north and south of the border.....again put forward as a supposed obstacle. Disgraceful.

I agree Harold.

No doubt, there are some Brexiteers in the Tory party though who like to bring it up with the DUP behind closed doors as a means of giving May more trouble.

I do have concerns about migrant movement from the south to the north though as surely our borders are not secure if they are allowed free movement? 

Unless of course a passport check is introduced on all travel from Northern Ireland to mainland Great Britain? 

18 minutes ago, Locke said:

I agree Harold.

No doubt, there are some Brexiteers in the Tory party though who like to bring it up with the DUP behind closed doors as a means of giving May more trouble.

It is only brought up mate because it was introduced by the EU and won't go away. It is a sticking point that the EU believes gives it leverage in negotiations.

16 minutes ago, Locke said:

I do have concerns about migrant movement from the south to the north though as surely our borders are not secure if they are allowed free movement? 

Unless of course a passport check is introduced on all travel from Northern Ireland to mainland Great Britain? 

Locke, do you think the mainland's border is secure ? The illegals don't just turn up at Dover only. They have hundreds of miles in which to be landed. Your second point could be a stumbling block. I don't know the answer to that but it would cause an outcry imo as the people of Ulster are citizens of the UK and wouldn't need a passport to travel to the UK.

19 minutes ago, Locke said:

Yes bring back passport checks. Only way ahead to secure the UK. 

52 minutes ago, Harold said:

Locke, do you think the mainland's border is secure ? The illegals don't just turn up at Dover only. They have hundreds of miles in which to be landed. Your second point could be a stumbling block. I don't know the answer to that but it would cause an outcry imo as the people of Ulster are citizens of the UK and wouldn't need a passport to travel to the UK.

That was my point mate.

It is a tough one eh?

53 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Yes bring back passport checks. Only way ahead to secure the UK. 

Why do Northern Irish nationals need a passport to travel within their own country?

That would constitutionally be wrong on every level.

Appalling...this drunken cunt is one of the presidents of the EU. Numerous videos of his drunken behaviour....this is the latest one. And that totalitarian institution wonder why we have no faith in them ?