Mr Magnificent

Brexit not going very good?

Brexit  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fun fact: there are now 3 Liberal Democrat MPs with majorities over 10,000:

Chuka Umunna (26.3k)
Phillip Lee (16.0k)
Sarah Wollaston (13.5k)

...none of whom were elected as Liberal Democrats 

Surely they lose their seat? I don't get politics. If I voted for him as a conservative if he switched I wouldn't want to vote for him as the lib Dems are awful. There should be a bi elections n for his seat. 

10 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Surely they lose their seat? I don't get politics. If I voted for him as a conservative if he switched I wouldn't want to vote for him as the lib Dems are awful. There should be a bi elections n for his seat. 

I don't get it either mate,if they leave their party then they should be in limbo

Maybe a few Brexit Party members should defect to the Tories and if it doesn't work out,saunter back

Edited by Normski

22 minutes ago, Normski said:

Fun fact: there are now 3 Liberal Democrat MPs with majorities over 10,000:

Chuka Umunna (26.3k)
Phillip Lee (16.0k)
Sarah Wollaston (13.5k)

...none of whom were elected as Liberal Democrats 

exactly mate....if they had any honour they would have resigned office and stood for re-election!...Umunna, did he not  leave Labour then join the laughable Independent Group then after they bombed he joined the Lib Dems ?....Wanker!

14 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Surely they lose their seat? I don't get politics. If I voted for him as a conservative if he switched I wouldn't want to vote for him as the lib Dems are awful. There should be a bi elections n for his seat

No....if they are elected and if they change party they can stay as an MP unless they resign and there is a by election...Look at that cow Anna Soubry! She said her constituents voted for her as a person not as a Tory candidate!

10 minutes ago, Normski said:

I don't get it either mate,if they leave their party then they should be in limbo

As above mate.

1 hour ago, Normski said:

Maybe a few Brexit Party members should defect to the Tories and if it doesn't work out,saunter back

If that started happening, these remoaners would probably start to block it.

24 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Voting against the party line is bad enough, but to defect is criminal.
Any MP who defects should be made to resign his seat.

Lots of strategy being played, let's wait on the outcome.

42 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Voting against the party line is bad enough, but to defect is criminal.
Any MP who defects should be made to resign his seat.

I have no problems voting against party line as long as that is the wishes of constituents for the said MP.

I honestly think BJ has bitten off more than he can chew.

He still has all the obstacles that May did as in three quarters of these MP's do not even want Brexit to happen. 

7 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

General election it is. 

Only if two thirds of the house agree........

I'm thinking.....Nah, not until a no deal Brexit isn't possible by law.......

1 minute ago, Bastion said:

They said on the BBC if that fails they can use something else which only requires 1 more vote to win. Can't remember what it was called. 

Just now, boro_boy said:

They said on the BBC if that fails they can use something else which only requires 1 more vote to win. Can't remember what it was called. 

Hope you're/BBC are right.....

If, the Brexit Party and Tories fight the same seats, it's lost anyway......

Kate Hoey suggests senior remainers worked with EU lawyers on tonight's Bill, anything is possible to tie us in with Europe legally now they run the house.......

9 hours ago, boro_boy said:

General election it is. 

9 hours ago, Bastion said:

9 hours ago, boro_boy said:

This may be what BB's on about. I wasn't aware of this either & thought the only way was if two thirds agreed.........

Does the government have other options?

From the government's point of view, the problem with needing two-thirds of MPs to support an early election is that it would require the backing of Labour MPs. Senior Labour figures say this is unlikely at the moment.

But it's not impossible for a government to get round this requirement.

It could be achieved by introducing a very short law that calls for an election and adds "notwithstanding the Fixed Term Parliaments Act". This would remove the two-thirds requirement.

This would be easier to pass as it would only require a simple majority of MPs to support it.

It could also provide a means of setting an election date in stone, says Catherine Haddon from the Institute for Government think tank.

However, it would take longer for this law to pass as it would need to clear the House of Lords, as well as the House of Commons.

There's also a risk that the proposed law could be amended - allowing pro-remain MPs to make changes, such as forcing a further Brexit extension.

The Tory party are imploding. I think Brexit will split them for good.

I admire Johnson for trying to force the issue but not for sacking MP'S voting against his wishes. That move was as undemocratic as those whining remaining Mutha's. As I said he has bitten off more than he can chew with that route and is on a losing battle. 

The Brexit Party and Tories will cancel one another out at a GE. 

Points of order taking place in the Commons just now over 2nd reading of some bill to force Boris to seek an extension from the EU. EVERY point of order from every Conservative MP was turned down/dismissed by Bercow. he leans so far to the left the cunt's going to fall into the Labour benches!

6 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

but not for sacking MP'S voting against his wishes. That move was as undemocratic as those whining remaining Mutha's

Disagree with you mate. They are Conservative MPs first and foremost....if they are not going to back their party and back the opposition then imo he took the correct course of action because of the severe importance of what is being proposed. Hell mend them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway....what is really getting on my tits listening to remainer MPs....A lot of them keep saying....'Yes the majority of the people of the country voted to leave the EU in the referendum but they didn't vote to leave with No Deal'................now, how the fuck does she actually know why people ticked the 'Leave' box back in 2016 ? Their was only one question....stay or leave...fuck all else! I wish someone would pull them up and ask how the fuck they know ?

37 minutes ago, Harold said:

Disagree with you mate. They are Conservative MPs first and foremost....if they are not going to back their party and back the opposition then imo he took the correct course of action because of the severe importance of what is being proposed. Hell mend them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway....what is really getting on my tits listening to remainer MPs....A lot of them keep saying....'Yes the majority of the people of the country voted to leave the EU in the referendum but they didn't vote to leave with No Deal'................now, how the fuck does she actually know why people ticked the 'Leave' box back in 2016 ? Their was only one question....stay or leave...fuck all else! I wish someone would pull them up and ask how the fuck they know ?

They shouldn't back their party if their constituents have expressed a wish for them not to. 

Anyway, Brexit and Boris are fucked!