Mr Magnificent

Brexit not going very good?

Brexit  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

They shouldn't back their party if their constituents have expressed a wish for them not to

If you check....there are eight who are going against the wishes of the constituents. I wonder how many opposition MPs are doing the same.

8 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

We need a general election, then that will surely show what people want. 

The opposition won't pass it mate....they are shitting themselves. They want to pass  a bill that LEGALLY stops the Government putting no deal as a bargaining tool. Everyday since May won her snap GE and had a majority thanks to the DUP Corbyn et al have been screaming for a GE....now they are going to be offered one they will decline!!!

1 hour ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I am no fan of Corbyn or Labour but they would be right to resist a GE.

All hail the shitebag terrorist sympathisers!!!! Corbyn down to a Tee!

He said he'll be happy with a.general election once no deal is off the table. What a cunt. Bercow is a cunt too, he's is basically a labour supporter. He's supposed to be impartial. We have no chance getting any good brexit deal with no deal off the table, this is going to go on your years to come. 

3 hours ago, Harold said:

Disagree with you mate. They are Conservative MPs first and foremost....if they are not going to back their party and back the opposition then imo he took the correct course of action because of the severe importance of what is being proposed. Hell mend them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway....what is really getting on my tits listening to remainer MPs....A lot of them keep saying....'Yes the majority of the people of the country voted to leave the EU in the referendum but they didn't vote to leave with No Deal'................now, how the fuck does she actually know why people ticked the 'Leave' box back in 2016 ? Their was only one question....stay or leave...fuck all else! I wish someone would pull them up and ask how the fuck they know ?

No deal is the legal default position in the event of a failed WA,it's not like everyone didn't know ffs

So snap general election is off the cards as labour abstain. Labour have wanted a general election for ages, they wanted the people to have a vote in a referendum. Surely a general election would have done this.

Tell you what I'm fucking done with politics.

11 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

So snap general election is off the cards as labour abstain. Labour have wanted a general election for ages, they wanted the people to have a vote in a referendum. Surely a general election would have done this.

Tell you what I'm fucking done with politics.

Labour were never going to agree to it mate, not while this leave with no deal is being made illegal. They will snap his offer up after though, but I bet it isn't as forthcoming.

Johnson really isn't in any better position than May was. In fact, he is probably in a worse one now.

31 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Labour were never going to agree to it mate, not while this leave with no deal is being made illegal. They will snap his offer up after though, but I bet it isn't as forthcoming.

Johnson really isn't in any better position than May was. In fact, he is probably in a worse one now.

So we have a government who can't govern and the public who can't vote. What the.fuck.

2 hours ago, Normski said:

BREAKING NEWS

scientists have discovered that it turns out voting in the UK is a total waste of fucking time.

That's because too many of those who are eligible don't exercise their right to vote.
UK should follow Australia's example and fine those who fail to vote.

1 minute ago, Hairy Scot said:

I recall comments in this forum suggesting that the PM was almost omnipotent.
What's happening now shows that is far from the truth.

Really?

You have to highlight where?

3 hours ago, Bastion said:

Really?

You have to highlight where?

Read my reply to Hairy below Bastion...(If you want to make up your own mind try pages 27 & 28 on this thread)

3 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

I recall comments in this forum suggesting that the PM was almost omnipotent

You're referring to me Hairy I take it and you're making this up as you go along. If it is me....I NEVER SAID ANYTHING OF THE SORT!! In fact as far as I could see it was only you that used that description. I informed you that Parliament has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the granting of a 2nd Scottish Separation referendum....It is down to the Prime Minister. I showed links for this.....but you won't accept what I told you. I asked you to then give me some evidence that I was incorrect but for whatever reason you didn't. That situation is the only situation that I was talking about. I certainly did not say he could do as he wished at any time.

SCOTLAND EU REFERENDUM PERCENTAGE FIGURES

I know I have mentioned this previously and couldn't find what I calculated from official figures but to put a Nat in his place on FB this morning (he hasn't replied to me yet) I done it again....Figures are from the Electoral Commission.....

And for the record....this nonsense that is bandied about by SNP politicians that 62% of people in Scotland voted to remain in the EU is just that....nonsense. It was in fact 1661191 voters - 42% (the percentage from 3987112 eligible voters), with1018322 voters - 25% voting to leave (the percentage from 3987112 eligible voters).

9 hours ago, Harold said:

Read my reply to Hairy below Bastion...(If you want to make up your own mind try pages 27 & 28 on this thread)

You're referring to me Hairy I take it and you're making this up as you go along. If it is me....I NEVER SAID ANYTHING OF THE SORT!! In fact as far as I could see it was only you that used that description. I informed you that Parliament has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the granting of a 2nd Scottish Separation referendum....It is down to the Prime Minister. I showed links for this.....but you won't accept what I told you. I asked you to then give me some evidence that I was incorrect but for whatever reason you didn't. That situation is the only situation that I was talking about. I certainly did not say he could do as he wished at any time.

I am not making anything up, I am merely expressing an opinion.
The mistake you make is in assuming that I refer solely to the independence referendum.
We are at the moment seeing exactly what happens when MPs do not agree with the direction the PM is taking.
If the SNP manages to raise enough support in Parliament then there is every possibility of the same type of thing happening again.
Apparently a number of English MPs would welcome Scottish Independence since it will probably increase the Tory majority.

In addition we have private citizens going to the courts. Sooner or later one of them may well get a judge who will rule in their favour. Which could lead to interesting developments.