Mr Magnificent

Brexit not going very good?

Brexit  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

The mistake you make is in assuming that I refer solely to the independence referendum.

Incorrect Hairy. As fas as I recall it started off with another Separation referendum and that, as you well know, is the ONLY circumstance that I was referring to. You then broadened the horizon and I never disagreed with you.

I am not making anything up

You are by suggesting that someone else (me) apart from yourself said that the PM was omnipotent.

I am merely expressing an opinion

What is it that you can't grasp about what I've told you as fact ?

I am not making anything up, I am merely expressing an opinion.
The mistake you make is in assuming that I refer solely to the independence referendum.
We are at the moment seeing exactly what happens when MPs do not agree with the direction the PM is taking.
If the SNP manages to raise enough support in Parliament then there is every possibility of the same type of thing happening again.
Apparently a number of English MPs would welcome Scottish Independence since it will probably increase the Tory majority.

In addition we have private citizens going to the courts. Sooner or later one of them may well get a judge who will rule in their favour. Which could lead to interesting developments.

You lot had a vote and lost. Your people don't want informant, are you like the EU and Ireland when they voted to leave but had another vote which then turned out they wanted to remain. The SNP are terrorists. That horrible man as your leader. 

You want informant but to remain in the EU? Makes no sense unless you need all the grants from the EU to survive as you would not survive without the UK or the EU funding you. 

Oh and morning :belly-laugh:

She was a rant. And of topic.

7 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

You lot had a vote and lost. Your people don't want informant, are you like the EU and Ireland when they voted to leave but had another vote which then turned out they wanted to remain. The SNP are terrorists. That horrible man as your leader. 

You want informant but to remain in the EU? Makes no sense unless you need all the grants from the EU to survive as you would not survive without the UK or the EU funding you. 

mean girls wtf GIF by Gunpowder & Sky...........:flashing-lol:

and good morning to you.

1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

I am, and was not part of that lot.
I have always been ambivalent on the question of Scottish Independence, and, while not as vocal or insulting as Harold about Sturgeon and the SNP, I do have my doubts as to their ability to run and independent Scotland.

The posts to which Harold refers were made in reaction to some brown Tory saying he would veto a second independence referendum if he were PM.
My take was that the PM cannot act on his own. He requires the backing of his cabinet and his party in the first instance, and even if/when he has that there is still the possibility that, as we are now seeing, Parliament can thwart his plans.
There is also now the added risk that some court may uphold one of the civil actions that some fuckwits are intent on raising.

As an ex-pat I am merely an interested observer with no axe to grind on either Brexit or Scottish Independence.
I do however have a good knowledge of how British Politics work.

In the interests of peace and harmony, these will be my last words on either topic.

1 hour ago, Mr Magnificent said:

According to reports BJ is set to defy the law and refuse to ask for an extension to Brexit.

I'm not sure what the ramifications would be for that. 

56 minutes ago, Normski said:

Pretty much sums it up

36 minutes ago, Normski said:

:flashing-lol:

Only one thing sums this up:-  SNAFU

Edited by Hairy Scot

On 06/09/2019 at 07:53, boro_boy said:

When did Ireland vote to leave , have you got a link to that ? And also , when you said " informant " , did you mean " independence "?

28 minutes ago, DOC said:

When did Ireland vote to leave , have you got a link to that ? And also , when you said " informant " , did you mean " independence "?

Probably....Looks like he was on the vodka again. :blob-joy:

10 hours ago, DOC said:

Doc....perhaps BB meant another referendum Ireland had a few years ago....Can't mind what it was about but the people of Ireland voted against the proposal but the EU didn't accept the result and ordered Ireland to hold the referendum again which it did and the proposal was passed.

11 hours ago, DOC said:

Oh yeah why was a lie. It's was for the Lisbon treaty, I just looked. The EU needed all member states to accept it for it to become law, Ireland rejected it in  a 2008 referendum but they they had a 2bd referendum in 2009 and they voted for it. 

11 minutes ago, Normski said:

France was very much against the UK joining the EEC. De Gaulle repeatedly said "Non".
I guess from being awkward about entry France is now being awkward about withdrawal.
But that's just how the French are.

7 minutes ago, Normski said:

Great news from the French, let's just get the fuck out.

Le Drian is a cunt, sucked up to Holland to have a government post (defence) and then sucked up to King Macron all to keep a cushy well payed job as new Foreign minister.

The French know Merkel is finished and see themselves as the new leading military and political force in Europe, they have been our beaten enemy for centuries and will never forget that.

Ungrateful that we bailed them out twice last century, their hateful spite against the British (English) knows no bounds.

He wouldn't know hypocrisy if it bit him on the arse...Regards what OJ says, I have altered a few words in my c&p but you'll get my drift.

The Sunday Times reports that, if a deal is not agreed, Mr Johnson will refuse to demand the extension to Article 50. 

Yesterday, Jeremy Corbyn warned the Prime Minister that he is not above the law, saying the country is in "extaordinary territory". 

JeremyCorbyn0609a.jpg

Speaking to Sky News, Mr Corbyn said: “Well it’s quite extraordinary when you have a Prime Minister in a parliamentary democracy announce he doesn’t agree with a decision that Parliament has taken and he’s prepared to not abide by it.

Regards what OJ says, I have altered a few words in my c&p but you'll get my drift.....

Speaking to Sky News, Mr Corbyn said: “Well it’s quite extraordinary when you have Members of Parliament in a national democracy announce they don't agree with a decision that members of the Public have taken and they're prepared to not abide by it.

I hope he does break the law. We have to leave. Macron says he won't accept an extension and he says a general election is needed. 

5 hours ago, sployal said:

Great news from the French, let's just get the fuck out.

Le Drian is a cunt, sucked up to Holland to have a government post (defence) and then sucked up to King Macron all to keep a cushy well payed job as new Foreign minister.

The French know Merkel is finished and see themselves as the new leading military and political force in Europe, they have been our beaten enemy for centuries and will never forget that.

Ungrateful that we bailed them out twice last century, their hateful spite against the British (English) knows no bounds.

The French are our obvious and natural enemy. Always have been.

They will never be the leading military force in Europe. The USA would never allow that. 

2 hours ago, boro_boy said:

I hope he does break the law. We have to leave. Macron says he won't accept an extension and he says a general election is needed. 

We don't need to listen to that French cunt!