Mr Magnificent

Brexit not going very good?

Brexit  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

So, Scotland's highest court have ruled Johnson acted illegally in asking for an extended preroging of parliament.

However the High Court in London dismissed Gina Miller's same challenge and stated that Johnson did NOT act illegally....The case, the result of which was appealed by Miller, (plus an appeal by the Government against the Scottish decision I believe) will be heard at the Supreme Court next Tuesday.

Does anyone remember Brian Rix and his Whitehall Farces in the 60s and 70s?
Not even he could have written a script like this.

Edited by Hairy Scot

On 10/09/2019 at 21:47, Normski said:

If you and/or anyone else has the will....this a longer version of that interview....Piers gets involved....it is very interesting. Thornberry truly is an idiot who cannot see the woods for the trees.

On 11/09/2019 at 18:36, Mr Magnificent said:

So, Scotland's highest court have ruled Johnson acted illegally in asking for an extended preroging of parliament.

23 hours ago, Harold said:

However the High Court in London dismissed Gina Miller's same challenge and stated that Johnson did NOT act illegally....The case, the result of which was appealed by Miller, (plus an appeal by the Government against the Scottish decision I believe) will be heard at the Supreme Court next Tuesday.

As we know, along with others, Nicola Sturgeon has lambasted Boris Johnson for proroguing Parliament accusing him of some kind of improper conduct. That's fair enough, she's entitled to her opinion as we all are. However perhaps the hypocrite should be careful in her language because there has been something in the back of mind about her personally being involved with improper conduct and involved a court case. If you have time have a wee read especially at the part where it says she knew that the person she was doing this for had already served time for a similar crime! The SNP eh....whiter than white....NOT!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/174830/Judge-jails-fraudster-Sturgeon-tried-to-keep-out-of-prison

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She also says/accuses Boris Johnson of....

And now we have a Prime Minister who himself, of course, hasn't been elected by anyone other than a tiny number of Tory Party members,

Again how conveniently she ignores the past....(This is how Sturgeon got her position as first minister)...

Mr Salmond announced he would resign as leader of the ruling Scottish National party and first minister following defeat in September’s referendum, but he bequeathed an SNP riding high in opinion polls and enjoying a surge in membership. Ms Sturgeon, Mr Salmond’s deputy first minister since 2007, enjoys strong personal approval ratings, and was backed by 66 votes to 15 for her Conservative rival Ruth Davidson in voting at the 128-seat Scottish parliament at Holyrood. There were 39 abstentions.

I have a feeling (hee hee) that Johnson got the nod by more than sixty fucking six votes though!!!!!

2 hours ago, Harold said:

As we know, along with others, Nicola Sturgeon has lambasted Boris Johnson for proroguing Parliament accusing him of some kind of improper conduct. That's fair enough, she's entitled to her opinion as we all are. However perhaps the hypocrite should be careful in her language because there has been something in the back of mind about her personally being involved with improper conduct and involved a court case. If you have time have a wee read especially at the part where it says she knew that the person she was doing this for had already served time for a similar crime! The SNP eh....whiter than white....NOT!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/174830/Judge-jails-fraudster-Sturgeon-tried-to-keep-out-of-prison

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She also says/accuses Boris Johnson of....

And now we have a Prime Minister who himself, of course, hasn't been elected by anyone other than a tiny number of Tory Party members,

Again how conveniently she ignores the past....(This is how Sturgeon got her position as first minister)...

Mr Salmond announced he would resign as leader of the ruling Scottish National party and first minister following defeat in September’s referendum, but he bequeathed an SNP riding high in opinion polls and enjoying a surge in membership. Ms Sturgeon, Mr Salmond’s deputy first minister since 2007, enjoys strong personal approval ratings, and was backed by 66 votes to 15 for her Conservative rival Ruth Davidson in voting at the 128-seat Scottish parliament at Holyrood. There were 39 abstentions.

I have a feeling (hee hee) that Johnson got the nod by more than sixty fucking six votes though!!!!!

And then there is this

2 hours ago, Normski said:

Wow!!!!! What a find Norm. Haven't we always said that this fucking backstop was just made up by the EU to hamper/prevent leaving ? Well done Kate Hoey. I wonder if the media and the Government will actually use this to our benefit!

On 04/09/2019 at 20:07, Mr Magnificent said:

We did indeed and welcome back to the forum.

I have missed you!

Can't say the same fella, but hey ho. I have been too busy enjoying my life to be bothered about this forum, it's called living i think?! at times tho it has been painful, got myself a few off road toys,which can be great fun-until you feck it up or fall off. Tho off roading may need a thread of it's own.

anyhow i wish you and yours  well and take care. SOTV.

11 hours ago, The Realist said:

Can't say the same fella, but hey ho. I have been too busy enjoying my life to be bothered about this forum, it's called living i think?! at times tho it has been painful, got myself a few off road toys,which can be great fun-until you feck it up or fall off. Tho off roading may need a thread of it's own.

anyhow i wish you and yours  well and take care. SOTV.

I have some off road toys too. 

All the best mate.