• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

6 weeks off at Christmas.

MrMacleod

Just found out that my work is closed for 5 weeks around Christmas time.

So ill have a few weeks to do somryhing.

Anyone has any ideas on what I can do?. Don't fancy sitting around doing nothing for 5 weeks.

2 minutes ago, Harold said:

I'm very surprised that your work is closing at that time Mac. Would that not be a busy time for them ?

I'm. Sure it would be but I ain't complaining of having 5/6 weeks off around Christmas time :).

1 minute ago, MrMacleod said:

I'm. Sure it would be but I ain't complaining of having 5/6 weeks off around Christmas time :).

I'm presuming you won't be paid so that's a few bob you'll miss out on but it's certainly a grand break.

52 minutes ago, MrMacleod said:

Yeah the way it works. Middle of December when we've shut, we get our salary, holiday pay and share of the tips in one payment. So thats fine.

If we don't go travelling, I'll find agency work in oban or that

I've just been thinking....you're far too young to have that length of break at Crimbo.....agency work it is.....:flashing-lol:

8 hours ago, MrMacleod said:

I don't plan on doing any work now, I work hard throughout the year and I deserve some time off too relax.

I'm not being nosey Mac, but if you're okay financially for that period then you're quite right. Enjoy mate.

3 hours ago, Harold said:

I'm not being nosey Mac, but if you're okay financially for that period then you're quite right. Enjoy mate.

Yeah I shall be hunky dory for those few weeks. Just need too find a place where there will be sun in December and January haha ?

I finish my three week break from work on Wednesday.

I have made a decision not to work any more overtime. I don't need it and as my wife has reminded me numerous times I am supposed to be semi retired.

Work for three days a week and my pension brings in plenty so just going to do things I enjoy on my days off. 

I need to start cycling again and have toyed with the idea of starting to fish again.

• 4 weeks later...

I have decided that I'm gonna go travelling for a few weeks, few cities in Scotland, England, Ireland then wherever it takes me.

So it any member wants to meet up for a pint in their local feel free to message me nearer the time and can get something arranged.