New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×

Just wondered if anyone else hates wearing a bib during a 5/6-a-side game like I do? Sometimes you just really want to wear you favourite team's shirt but somehow I always end up on the team wearing the bibs. Plus they smell of fat sweaty men! I say get rid of them.

200w_d.gif

They are usually polyester which makes you sweat more anyway.

Not a fan of them.

My Mrs reckons I need a bib when I have been in the lash!

18 minutes ago, Cherry said:

Just wondered if anyone else hates wearing a bib during a 5/6-a-side game like I do? Sometimes you just really want to wear you favourite team's shirt but somehow I always end up on the team wearing the bibs. Plus they smell of fat sweaty men! I say get rid of them.

200w_d.gif

When I seen the title of the thread I envisaged it being about folk that make a mess whilst eating...haha. Anyway, when I played 5's around 40 years ago there was no such things as bibs. It was fitba tops or T shirts & that was that. Isn't hygienic wearing things like that which others have worn.

4 minutes ago, Locke said:

They are usually polyester which makes you sweat more anyway.

Not a fan of them.

My Mrs reckons I need a bib when I have been in the lash!

You'll be safe now though mate.....:flashing-lol:

1 minute ago, Locke said:

So far, so good!

I failed on 1st of August on my August month off from drinking. Haha

7 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I failed on 1st of August on my August month off from drinking. Haha

No surprise there then.....:flashing-lol:

Yes, should of specified wearing bibs at Football rather than eating/drinking! Although not a bad idea to wear a bib whilst out, especially if you've just bought a nice outfit and don't want to get it messy.

Played a kick about game down the park yesterday and we bought some red duck tape that we just stuck on our arms, instead of bibs. Problem solved.

15 minutes ago, Cherry said:

Yes, should of specified wearing bibs at Football rather than eating/drinking! Although not a bad idea to wear a bib whilst out, especially if you've just bought a nice outfit and don't want to get it messy.

Played a kick about game down the park yesterday and we bought some red duck tape that we just stuck on our arms, instead of bibs. Problem solved.

A second set of shirts for friendly games would be cheap as chips.

But at a 5/6-a-side league it wouldn't be plausible for every team to bring a second shirt with a different colour surely? Unless you have done this yourself?

I didn't mind wearing bibs at football, we usually just arranged for all players to wear the same coloured top so looks easier. Usually white and black tops.