• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Missus is taking her driving test again

boro_boy

• Administrator

Doing it right now, this is her third attempt. First one shit hit a curb parking so failed. 2nd she was reversing out of a Lidl car park and some fat cunt walked out behind her and the man doing the test had to brake for her.

I hope she passed today

1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

Doing it right now, this is her third attempt. First one shit hit a curb parking so failed. 2nd she was reversing out of a Lidl car park and some fat cunt walked out behind her and the man doing the test had to brake for her.

I hope she passed today

Bugger.....I banned that spammer....you could have had a licence from him......:flashing-lol:

Hope she passes mate!

• Administrator

Yeah she finally passed. Was going to cost me £490 to alter her licence from provisional to full UK manual. Robbing cutns. I cancelled it and got another one for a £250 increase. 

Really do hate insurance companies. 

35 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Yeah she finally passed. Was going to cost me £490 to alter her licence from provisional to full UK manual. Robbing cutns. I cancelled it and got another one for a £250 increase. 

Really do hate insurance companies. 

Seriously ? You have a provisional licence....pass your test so obviously want to upgrade to a full licence and it costs you that amount ? Have a look at this link....you should be paying fuck all mate.

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/cost-driving-licence

What have insurance cos got to do with the licence fee ?

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Harold said:

Seriously ? You have a provisional licence....pass your test so obviously want to upgrade to a full licence and it costs you that amount ? Have a look at this link....you should be paying fuck all mate.

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/cost-driving-licence

What have insurance cos got to do with the licence fee ?

Oh no not from the DVLA, this is the increase in the insurance companies comoany. That what it would have cost to change her licence from provisional to full UK. Absolute rip off. 

She gets the full UK licence I'd card in the post as part of passing the test. 

13 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Oh no not from the DVLA, this is the increase in the insurance companies comoany. That what it would have cost to change her licence from provisional to full UK. Absolute rip off. 

She gets the full UK licence I'd card in the post as part of passing the test. 

sorry mate.....I'm obviously missing something....I'm not following you. I'd have thought the insurance would be cheaper seeing has passed and gets a FULL licence ?

• Administrator

Well I my missus was driving my car on a provisional with me in it obviously. When she passed I ring the insurance company up, Hastings. They said it was going to cost £490  more (I paid 700+ in a lump sum for the year last November when I added her as a provisional) so they wanted £490 more for me changing her licence to full UK manual plus a £20 admin fee.

13 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Well I my missus was driving my car on a provisional with me in it obviously. When she passed I ring the insurance company up, Hastings. They said it was going to cost £490  more (I paid 700+ in a lump sum for the year last November when I added her as a provisional) so they wanted £490 more for me changing her licence to full UK manual plus a £20 admin fee.

Right, got you now.....I'm flabbergasted at that. They want MORE because she is NO LONGER a learner but a FULL licence holder? Surely to fuck the premium should be lowered ? Fucking X - Files material that one.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Harold said:

Right, got you now.....I'm flabbergasted at that. They want MORE because she is NO LONGER a learner but a FULL licence holder? Surely to fuck the premium should be lowered ? Fucking X - Files material that one.

I think its because as  a learner i'd have to be in the car with her. Now shes passed, she'd be driving herself and maybe a little nervous?

Thats the only thing I can come up with!

Having her on my insurance more than doubles mine, I'm going to have to take her off mine when she brings her own car up to Middlesbrough and gets insured on that.