Horrific Child Abuse by Catholic Church in Pennsylvania

Mr Magnificent

13 hours ago, Locke said:

https://edition-m.cnn.com/2018/08/20/europe/pope-francis-letter-sexual-abuse-intl/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fedition.cnn.com%2F

Just read that article and felt physically ill. It seems the Catholic Church is rife with this. Sickening!

It is world wide mate and been going on for many, many years (doubt if anyone could put a time scale on it). I've got a wee saying (that I first seen being used by journalist Richard Littlejohn and it is so true)....Give someone a bit of authority and they will always, always abuse it.

1 hour ago, Locke said:

It does seem to be particularly bad within the Catholic Church though.

Will the popester act accordingly?

He really has a difficult job selling his product right now.

I actually meant the Catholic Church worldwide (should have clarified that). Me thinks the Pope is on a hiding to nothing if you'll pardon the pun.

4 minutes ago, Harold said:

I actually meant the Catholic Church worldwide (should have clarified that). Me thinks the Pope is on a hiding to nothing if you'll pardon the pun.

Lol he will probably enjoy that!

Seriously though, how can he sell that shit?

No wonder America turned to evangelism.

I will never ever set foot in a catholic church again.

3 minutes ago, Locke said:

Lol he will probably enjoy that!

Seriously though, how can he sell that shit?

No wonder America turned to evangelism.

I will never ever set foot in a catholic church again.

Are you a Catholic ? I'm protestant and have been in a chapel once for the funeral of friends son. It was strange when the priest said somethingthe packed place all got down on their knees leaving me and the wife the only ones sitting. Was waiting for someone to say...'spot the proddy'....

1 hour ago, Harold said:

Are you a Catholic ? I'm protestant and have been in a chapel once for the funeral of friends son. It was strange when the priest said somethingthe packed place all got down on their knees leaving me and the wife the only ones sitting. Was waiting for someone to say...'spot the proddy'....

I was christened at about 2 months as a catholic, but throughout my childhood attended protestant churches and decided that was where my faith lay.

I decided I wanted my name removed from any official catholic records, but to do this needed to know the name of the church i was christened at. By this time my Mother had passed away as had my Grandmother. I asked my Dad but he had no clue...I was stumped until an Auntie told me.

I contacted the said church and asked to be removed from their records to which they didn't take kindly at first, but after persevering I got my way.

I now consider myself as an evangelical protestant and have done for a number of years.