boro_boy

So when will United sack Mourinho?

I think the fact City only half filled their stadium for Wednesday's fixture says it all, City will never have the fan base capable of filling that stadium so how can they honestly ever claim to be bigger than Manchester United. 

Only a complete idiot would think otherwise. 

28 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

I think the fact City only half filled their stadium for Wednesday's fixture says it all, City will never have the fan base capable of filling that stadium so how can they honestly ever claim to be bigger than Manchester United. 

Only a complete idiot would think otherwise. 

They are delerious aren't they. They think just because they have won't the title a few times recently that they are better than United. Manchester United are the biggest club in the UK in my opinion and probably a lot of other people's opinions.

8 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

They are delerious aren't they. They think just because they have won't the title a few times recently that they are better than United. Manchester United are the biggest club in the UK in my opinion and probably a lot of other people's opinions.

It's a hate thing BB, clubs just don't want to admit it but it's a fact. The only other club capable of pulling the crowds like United is Liverpool, they are huge as well. 

City can lay claim to the best training facilities, the best squad and the best coaching staff, but who draws the bigger tv audience? United

Look into it, there is a reason we are selected for tv at every opportunity, advertising. We pull the biggest audience if it's a Manchester United match they can demand more money for the adverts. 

We're not poor either, they've got the richest owner on the planet yet we annually earn more money than any other team on the planet. 

The media, they are hounding our manager, he's a knobhead admittedly but Spurs just lost three games on the trot and does Poch get the same level of attention Jose does for losing once?

United are the big noise, City has the Rolls Royce of a squad and the press have hardly given them attention. 

1-1 against Wolves @ Old Trafford?.....................Shoogly nail time for Jose ? I thought United were going to do the business this season but things aint right with them.

2 minutes ago, Harold said:

1-1 against Wolves @ Old Trafford?.....................Shoogly nail time for Jose ? I thought United were going to do the business this season but things aint right with them.

According to Skysports Wolves were the better side too.

5 minutes ago, Locke said:

Don't understand it mate (Utd situation). The fact that they're (Wolves) are doing well must stick in your throat. Believe Birmingham won today at Leeds (they were in front last time I checked the score) ?

3 hours ago, Locke said:

No, they were not the better team in my opinion, but they were very good. 

We're a team of players who don't want to play for their manager, I'm convinced they'd all play better under a different manager. 

38 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

We're a team of players who don't want to play for their manager, I'm convinced they'd all play better under a different manager. 

You are biased though.

1 hour ago, Red Devil said:

Yeah I think your right but surely this has to be put onto the players too. Why would they automatically play better for a different manager. Doesn't this mean they are not playing their best at the moment because they don't like the current manager.

If this is the case then fine them

I'm all for paying players on performance and not just a flat rate of pay. I know not would never happen but it would be good for the game as they would play better to get more.money. 

On 22/09/2018 at 22:18, boro_boy said:

Yeah I think your right but surely this has to be put onto the players too. Why would they automatically play better for a different manager. Doesn't this mean they are not playing their best at the moment because they don't like the current manager.

If this is the case then fine them

I'm all for paying players on performance and not just a flat rate of pay. I know not would never happen but it would be good for the game as they would play better to get more.money. 

It doesn't work like that in modern football, look at Chelsea, they have success and change manager on average every two years. Their players just give up on their managers. 

Yet they look incredible in most of their managers the first season, they are very similar in the sense they've invested heavily in mercenary footballers and managers. Most managers at Chelsea seem to come with the pay off in mind. 

The sad thing is I was convinced Mourinho would bring success, fair enough he's won two trophies but he's destroyed the players more than his old mentor Van Gaal did and his football is no different. We sacked Louis based on the football produced so therefore we should sack Jose. 

Edited by Red Devil

Time we cut Pogba's United career, he will get a big move and no doubt go and be fantastic elsewhere but his agent and his ego will always cause him problems. 

I actually feel sorry for Mourinho in this situation, Pogba is his talisman and he's expecting the same level of discipline he's had from his previous talisman (Lampard, Terry, Drogba, Snjeider, Ronaldo, Ramos) 

Pogba is a solo footballer, he's such a talent but he plays for himself and he's everything bad about the current game we all love. He's a commercial dream but this makes him a nightmare in a dressing room. 

Get them both out in my opinion and let's get a man in the job that offers a long-term vision and stability. These high profile name managers and daft transfers aren't working, lets give someone like Pochetino a crack at the job, we might not get him but he's young and he's still hungry for success. I don't want Zidane either, he's done fantastic but proven nothing as he inherited one of the top teams of all time. 

1 minute ago, Locke said:

Losing to Derby at OT.

He will be gone soon.

To be fair though he should fuck Pogba off in January and stamp his authority.

Fully agree, he's a got an awful October and his next game away at West Ham isn't easy as they've shown signs of good form their last two matches. 

My biggest fear is a defeat to Valencia at home next week, if we lose that we go into Juventus home and away with one win, we could easily lose both games and be in a terrible situation in Europe. 

13 minutes ago, Locke said:

That is why football is shit.

The players have more power than the managers.

The Old Trafford board would rather pay Mourinho off than risk losing a profit on Pogba further down the line.

Thankfully his world cup was good enough to boost his value, I wouldn't expect anything less than 150k in the current market given his commercial value. 

7 minutes ago, Harold said:

Been hearing all morning & afternoon that he is to be gone this weekend (possibly after tonight's game). Man Utd have denied this.

He needs to go and I think he will have gone by the end of the weekend no matter what the result is this weekend. The damage has been done in my eyes!!