New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×
Locke

Jaguar Land Rover

They have gone down to a 3 day week on the engine side and no doubt will at the Solihull factory soon.

The company are blaming Brexit and say up to £80 billion will not now be invested.

I reckon it is going overseas lock, stock and barrel.

My brother works there. I have first hand knowledge.

The Realist will blow it off, but it is deadly serious.

I forecast a long while back that JLR were in trouble when they laid all of their temporary workers off. 

They are struggling big time. Luxury product that isn't high on anyone's purchase list.

11 minutes ago, Locke said:

My brother works there. I have first hand knowledge.

The Realist will blow it off, but it is deadly serious.

I forecast a long while back that JLR were in trouble when they laid all of their temporary workers off. 

They are struggling big time. Luxury product that isn't high on anyone's purchase list.

The standard thing to do these days if a company is struggling is to blame Brexit! #cunts

1 minute ago, boro_boy said:

The standard thing to do these days if a company is struggling is to blame Brexit! #cunts

They are struggling because of the uncertainty over Brexit.

That BB is a fact.

We will be better after Brexit. If we do a half hearted deal then we wont be, we should just get the fuck out. 

The future is not guaranteed, you always have uncertainty. 

11 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

So does Brexit mean Tata for Jaguar?

I saw what you did there HS. Lol.

Yes, all over for JLR in this country.

9 minutes ago, Locke said:

I saw what you did there HS. Lol.

Yes, all over for JLR in this country.

No it won't be. 

1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

No it won't be. 

There was no mention in the press, after the 1000 agency workers were laid off, that over 900 of them have been taken back, Castle Brom going to 3 days a week has been on the cards for a long while. The growth JLR has experienced over the last decade could never carry on forever, no company has ever achieved such growth continuously. Taking into account the current situation, JLR are in a far better position than a few years ago, there are also over 10000 people more in well paid employment today, than back then. Maybe the European suppliers are getting a bit jittery tho.

Solihull in a few years time will only be producing electric vehicles. Everything is gearing up for that at JLR.

We already have batteries that way out last Tesla's.

It is still a luxury item though that many are unwilling  to purchase given the uncertainty over Brexit.

The plant in Slovenia will become the mainstay soon if this Brexit madness isn't resolved quickly.

Welcome back Superally. I have missed you.

Not directly connected to JLR but Mini announced today that they will be shutting down for a month after Brexit as a precaution against a bad or no deal result.

Clearly, car manufacturers are jittery about the whole affair.

1 hour ago, Locke said:

Not directly connected to JLR but Mini announced today that they will be shutting down for a month after Brexit as a precaution against a bad or no deal result.

Clearly, car manufacturers are jittery about the whole affair.

Imagine how the German and French car manufacturers are feeling thanks to fucking Barnier. If we get fucked I hope these EU cunts get the same in return!

18 hours ago, Locke said:

It is still a luxury item though that many are unwilling  to purchase given the uncertainty over Brexit.

The plant in Slovenia will become the mainstay soon if this Brexit madness isn't resolved quickly.

The real problem is not Brexit tho, that is just a smokescreen. The real problem is the legislation passed regarding Diesel vehicles. People are being lead to believe, that if they spend £50k on a Jaguar tomorrow, it will be worthless in 3 years time. The Government know, they dropped a big bollock, and are looking at ways to resolve it, whilst saving face. Also the plant in Slovenia has nowhere near the production capability of Solihull. I know iv'e been there and seen it.

It is interesting when JLR reportedly say that £80 billion worth of investment is at risk?

Presumably that means in this country?

The press failed to report that JLR may have gone down to a three day week at Castle Bromwich but there has been no reduction in hours worked as staff are doing longer shifts to compensate.

Posted (edited)

JLR announced today it is shutting the Solihull plant down for two weeks at the end of October.

Britain's biggest carmaker blamed weakening global demand, especially in China, and has faced falling diesel sales in recent months.

JLR said employees at the West Midlands plant would be paid for the duration of the shutdown and no jobs would be lost.

The Unite union called the news deeply troubling, and said government policies were to blame.

It doesn't look too good eh?

Edited by Locke

On 08/10/2018 at 18:23, Locke said:

JLR announced today it is shutting the Solihull plant down for two weeks at the end of October.

Britain's biggest carmaker blamed weakening global demand, especially in China, and has faced falling diesel sales in recent months.

JLR said employees at the West Midlands plant would be paid for the duration of the shutdown and no jobs would be lost.

The Unite union called the news deeply troubling, and said government policies were to blame.

It doesn't look too good eh?

I am expecting a 4 week shutdown in December.

Just now, The Realist said:

I am expecting a 4 week shutdown in December.

Yes my brother just said as much in the boozer.

Worrying times.