New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×
Locke

Jaguar Land Rover

Just now, Locke said:

Yes my brother just said as much in the boozer.

Worrying times.

I'm not worried at all, I'm also not getting any time off either.

On 29/11/2018 at 21:45, Locke said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-birmingham-46387055

This is the start of the end for JLR in this country.

Have been through and survived far worse in the past and will do so again. I think there will be many more job losses in the near future. The growth rate could never continue at the rate it has been. Over the last 10-15 years, JLR must have created around 20000 jobs in the UK, so to lose a few hundred isn't that bad really. There is always highs and lows, joys and sorrows. Historically the motor industry goes through 7 year cycles, so what JLR have done for the UK is amazing, including adding £10 billion a year to the economy. They will survive have no fear of that.

Feel's a bit strange saying they rather than we, but hey ho, i am in the 2nd week of my notice period, having had a job offer that was way too good to turn down, most of all for the regular working hours rather than shifts, also 60 mile a day less travelling, the extra £30k a year is also nice, tho the F-Pace will be going back. 

Having regular hours, being able to plan thing's and take holidays when i like, rather than shutdowns is a major thing for me, being able to say to one of the kids or grandkids, i will be there at such and such, and actually knowing i will be there is almost priceless.

5 hours ago, The Realist said:

Have been through and survived far worse in the past and will do so again. I think there will be many more job losses in the near future. The growth rate could never continue at the rate it has been. Over the last 10-15 years, JLR must have created around 20000 jobs in the UK, so to lose a few hundred isn't that bad really. There is always highs and lows, joys and sorrows. Historically the motor industry goes through 7 year cycles, so what JLR have done for the UK is amazing, including adding £10 billion a year to the economy. They will survive have no fear of that.

Feel's a bit strange saying they rather than we, but hey ho, i am in the 2nd week of my notice period, having had a job offer that was way too good to turn down, most of all for the regular working hours rather than shifts, also 60 mile a day less travelling, the extra £30k a year is also nice, tho the F-Pace will be going back. 

Having regular hours, being able to plan thing's and take holidays when i like, rather than shutdowns is a major thing for me, being able to say to one of the kids or grandkids, i will be there at such and such, and actually knowing i will be there is almost priceless.

Isn't that what they give you holiday for?

Are you a millionaire yet? 

On 04/12/2018 at 06:48, Locke said:

Isn't that what they give you holiday for?

Are you a millionaire yet? 

We get 5 floating days a year, the rest is shutdowns. Bear in mind midweek Blues games,and other things it's not really a lot is it.

As for the millionaire question, i am on paper, tho i cant really spend bricks and mortar down the pub. Mrs SA is the rich one in our house.

Forgot to say, I have been told i have a big announcement to brief to my staff on Friday, as to what it contains i don't have a feckin clue, there is no doubt lots of rumours speculation etc, tho if us management at JLR don't know, not sure how anybody else claims too. The thing i despise about this rumour type thing is the unease it creates amongst the staff, people with families,mortgages etc. Whilst i fully understand there is a lot of jealousy aimed at JLR employees purely because of their salary etc, and a lot of people who can't wait to share on facebook or whatever platform anything negative about JLR. It is not a JLR's employees fault they earn more money than them.

Anyhow i hope the brief says the return to work/production is 7th rather than the 2nd January.

I don't know of a single person who is jealous of JLR staff because of their salary????

What I do know is that they earn it. Not everyone's cup of tea is the car production line. A lot of folk enjoy their jobs and are content to earn less.

JLR staff get stung to shit with fixed holidays as prices triple those weeks.

I have said for a while that JLR is in trouble and you have said that it isn't. We shall see...

Congratulations on your new mega bucks job and becoming a paper millionaire. Your wife, family, friends all must be so proud of you and aspire to be like you. What a fantastic person you are!