Joshua v Povetkin

Harold

Tomorrow night. Won't see it as I don't buy these PPV shows but I'm intrigued about this one. AJ is some fighter, a giant who can box and punch. From the clips I've seen showing Povetkin he can really punch but apart from that I know bugger all about him. I really like the big Brit as he is so laid back and respectful towards his opponents...a true credit to British boxing....no trash talk. I'm opting for Joshua but Povetkin has a puncher's chance and just one opportunity 'may' be enough. I hope the big man does it though!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Red Devil

Huge threat to Joshua this fella is, won gold medals and been in with some good fighters. I know Joshua is too professional to look beyond this guy as he really does pack a punch. I'd expect Joshua to keep him at range with his longer reach with the jab. Povetkin likes to dip his shoulder to throw big power shots from a deep position, if AJ switches off for a second then it's gonna be lights out. 

I'm going for Joshua between 8-10 rounds but I'd also have a side bet on a Povetkin win via stoppage. 

1 hour ago, Red Devil said:

Huge threat to Joshua this fella is, won gold medals and been in with some good fighters. I know Joshua is too professional to look beyond this guy as he really does pack a punch. I'd expect Joshua to keep him at range with his longer reach with the jab. Povetkin likes to dip his shoulder to throw big power shots from a deep position, if AJ switches off for a second then it's gonna be lights out. 

I'm going for Joshua between 8-10 rounds but I'd also have a side bet on a Povetkin win via stoppage. 

So you are betting on both of them?

Also, worth mentioning that Povetkin lost to a prime Klitschko. AJ and Fury beat a declining Klitschko.

He had killer power in both hands...I forecast some huge bumps in the road for AJ, but with my old mate Rob Mc in the corner giving good advice AJ should prevail after round 7.

Guest Red Devil
On 21/09/2018 at 20:18, Locke said:

So you are betting on both of them?

Also, worth mentioning that Povetkin lost to a prime Klitschko. AJ and Fury beat a declining Klitschko.

He had killer power in both hands...I forecast some huge bumps in the road for AJ, but with my old mate Rob Mc in the corner giving good advice AJ should prevail after round 7.

I've actually not backed either man in the bookies, I'm not sure which way it's going to swing. 

I'm a Joshua fan, I love the big noise around his fights as I feel he's making the U.K the place to be for top fights now. It was all about Vegas but now fighters see the U.K as a big pay per view draw. 

I fear for him though, Povetkin has spent a career fighting bigger guys and has adopted a style that I feel is AJ's worst nightmare. I just hope he keeps him at range with the jab and does a real job on him as Klitch did if he's not on his game Povetkin will expose that chin.

I was expecting a boring fight with lot's of clinches but must admit I thoroughly enjoyed it. Even more so when your Son goes and pays for it on SKY for you. I've also gotta watch the game with Him at 4pm because he's an Arse-Hole (Arsenal) fan. Last Season they did us 5-1 at The Emirates but I fancy us to try for a draw Today (fingers crossed).