New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×
Harold

Things that piss you off.

22 hours ago, Harold said:

Scottish paper fivers and tenners are no longer valid from Thursday 1st March & will be replaced by the new polymer ones. So when I went to the garage this morning for a couple of papers the fella refused to take my paper fiver. He said there was a sign saying this that had been in place in the shop since last year....cunt couldn't find it. I did say yeah I remember that but that was for English paper fivers and that my note was legal till Thursday. Still refused so I'll be popping down the morra to have words with the boss.

Surely he has to accept them!!! Braking the law if he doesnt.

4 hours ago, boro_boy said:

I spent it at another shop. The shop 'should' accept till Thursday as I checked at the bank this morning when I went in and exchanged my tenners. No law broken by the shop though. Unfortunately the manager is off sick.

On 2/26/2018 at 12:24, boro_boy said:

This is when mobile phones are handy. Record him refusing payment for the debt, debt is written off, just walk away without paying for whatever it is, fuel or goods. If he did call the police, he would be in the wrong.

Did I mention this previously.....

Cunts that start off answering a question with the word ....'So'.......when it is NOT required. Seen so many today on tv...it gets on my fucking tits!!!!

Guy was asked what his girlfriend's name is.....he replied..."So, her name is......." Why the fucking necessity to say SO?????????????????

Illiterate fuckers!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Locke said:

And the mongs who say "like" every other word.

Grrrr cunts!

you may be receiving a PM from Boro Boy like........just saying.....:shit-storm:

1 hour ago, Harold said:

you may be receiving a PM from Boro Boy like........just saying.....:shit-storm:

That annoys me when I hear people from Boro doing that but I do it myself sometimes. Like. 

12 hours ago, boro_boy said:

That annoys me when I hear people from Boro doing that but I do it myself sometimes. Like. 

It is commonly used in my neck of the woods (not by me I hasten to add) but it is.....'likes' that is spoken albeit in the same context as yourselves.

On 23/11/2017 at 09:30, boro_boy said:

For the money mate and the lifestyle. Had fuck all to do the the royals, not once did I think of the royal family when I joined the navy. 

How many years service you got now?

Poor customer service pisses me off.

At times in this country it is absolutely shocking and embarrassing.

8 minutes ago, Locke said:

Poor customer service pisses me off.

At times in this country it is absolutely shocking and embarrassing.

More of a piss off, is paying for a service in the UK, whose customer services are based in India. The lack of understanding, and repeating everything 10 times over, shame really as they really do try their best to help us.

Just now, The Realist said:

More of a piss off, is paying for a service in the UK, whose customer services are based in India. The lack of understanding, and repeating everything 10 times over, shame really as they really do try their best to help us.

I would agree with that entirely and class it as poor customer service of sorts.

To be honest I would rather be on the phone to someone in India who answers the phone quickly and genuinely wants to help than being held on an answerphone loop asking complete bollocks questions for half an hour.

I spent over an hour on the phone to the tax office today. Shameful on their part.

10 hours ago, Locke said:

I would agree with that entirely and class it as poor customer service of sorts.

To be honest I would rather be on the phone to someone in India who answers the phone quickly and genuinely wants to help than being held on an answerphone loop asking complete bollocks questions for half an hour.

I spent over an hour on the phone to the tax office today. Shameful on their part.

depends on whether their spoken English is good or not which, if it is not, leads to a very poor understanding on both sides. The other month I was on to Virgin and it was an Asian guy I was speaking to and it was sooooo frustrating as I had to keep asking him to repeat what he said and I had to do the same.....the problem was not sorted. A week later I phoned again and got another Asian guy whose English was perfect (perhaps he actually worked in the UK......I never asked) but the guy was brand new and understood my problem and it was sorted within the hour.

2 hours ago, The Realist said:

How about people who start and end every sentence with the word but?

IE, But jock i'm telling you by the way BUT!

That is mainly a Glasgow/west of Scotland habit moreso for ending a sentence (up here at any rate).  One of it's meanings is....'though'. Example......I missed the train so I manged to get a taxi 'but'.

1 hour ago, Harold said:

That is mainly a Glasgow/west of Scotland habit moreso for ending a sentence (up here at any rate).  One of it's meanings is....'though'. Example......I missed the train so I manged to get a taxi 'but'.

By the way! is another one, tho i dont find them annoying, sounds almost comical.

12 minutes ago, The Realist said:

By the way! is another one, tho i dont find them annoying, sounds almost comical.

yeah, I agree....however (to my knowledge) 'By the way' isn't used as much in actual face to face conversation nowadays.....think it was a passing phase (but a lengthy one haha). It is used more as an abbreviation on social media.

51 minutes ago, Locke said:

Gordon Bennett!

People say it. Who the fook is he?

Mrs Bennett's son.