Sign in to follow this  
Harold

Things that piss you off.

2 hours ago, The Realist said:

How about people who start and end every sentence with the word but?

IE, But jock i'm telling you by the way BUT!

That is mainly a Glasgow/west of Scotland habit moreso for ending a sentence (up here at any rate).  One of it's meanings is....'though'. Example......I missed the train so I manged to get a taxi 'but'.

1 hour ago, Harold said:

That is mainly a Glasgow/west of Scotland habit moreso for ending a sentence (up here at any rate).  One of it's meanings is....'though'. Example......I missed the train so I manged to get a taxi 'but'.

By the way! is another one, tho i dont find them annoying, sounds almost comical.

12 minutes ago, The Realist said:

By the way! is another one, tho i dont find them annoying, sounds almost comical.

yeah, I agree....however (to my knowledge) 'By the way' isn't used as much in actual face to face conversation nowadays.....think it was a passing phase (but a lengthy one haha). It is used more as an abbreviation on social media.

Being told at the bookies yesterday to return today to get a price on a game I fancy today only for to return, have the manageress phone up a particular department and be told...Sorry - no prices being offered for that game. Pissed me off that did!

Driver's in front that seem to have all the time in the world. Pisses me off when they constantly stop to let others pull out turn etc, even tho the road is feckin clear.

11 hours ago, Locke said:

Don't you do Bet365 online Mucker?

Don't do anything that involves finance online mate. Plus it would be too easy to chase any cash you have lost.

I was starting to get pissed off waiting for the gas man arriving to service our boiler but he's just phoned and will be here shortly. At least he will be here before teatime.

Arseholes like this who are given the publicity/attention which the crave...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/technology/from-itunes-to-credit-cards-and-even-car-parks-the-every-day-necessities-set-to-vanish-within-the-next-decade/ar-AAxzZ14?li=AAnZ9Ug&ocid=mailsignout

A prime example......(from the link)...

Mr McQueen explained that the think tank RethinkX believe that the self-driving age will see the end of car parks.

'They predict that by 2027, 90 per cent of passenger miles in the US each year will be travelled in autonomous vehicles and that many of those vehicles will not be owned by the 'driver',' he said.

'Instead, this 90 per cent of travel will be done in driverless Uber-style vehicles, which will make up 60 per cent of the vehicles on the road.'

This means once you arrive at your destination there will  be no need to park the car as your vehicle may drop you at your destination and then head off to a designated wait area or perhaps even drive home and pick you up later.

Standing patiently in a very large queue in the bank simply to withdraw my cash.....getting to the front of the queue and the four tellers are tied up with cunts who appeared to be wanting to discuss their banking history (apart from withdrawing or depositing) and taking forfuckingever!!!!

Caller.....Hello, Mr (my name)?

Me.....Yes

Caller......(asian accent)......This is David from telephone preference about you telephone number

Me....No it is not. You're a fucking scam merchant, the football is just starting son piss off!.................click!

Couldn't find a thread for this so if there is one then my apologies and the Mods may merge or whatever but as the title of the thread tells you things like...

Going to a local supermarket with your trolley with a few articles shopping wise in it and the person(s) in front of you have there trolley filled to the high heavens, then come checkout time they unload their goods, the cashier will then ring them up and give the person the receipt and wait for the payment BUT...

The person(s) in front will then fumble around in a wallet or handbag for a bankers card then once that is paid they will spend the next 10 minutes packing all the items up in shopping bags then put them in the trolley and wheel them away...

Now I will bloody shout WHY DON'T THEY HAVE THEIR CARD OR MONEY READY AND THEN PACK THE GOODS BACK INTO THEIR TROLLEY AND PACK THEM IN BAGS ON A SHELF PROVIDED? phew, glad I got that out of the way with. 

4 hours ago, JCS said:

Couldn't find a thread for this so if there is one then my apologies and the Mods may merge or whatever but as the title of the thread tells you things like...

Going to a local supermarket with your trolley with a few articles shopping wise in it and the person(s) in front of you have there trolley filled to the high heavens, then come checkout time they unload their goods, the cashier will then ring them up and give the person the receipt and wait for the payment BUT...

The person(s) in front will then fumble around in a wallet or handbag for a bankers card then once that is paid they will spend the next 10 minutes packing all the items up in shopping bags then put them in the trolley and wheel them away...

Now I will bloody shout WHY DON'T THEY HAVE THEIR CARD OR MONEY READY AND THEN PACK THE GOODS BACK INTO THEIR TROLLEY AND PACK THEM IN BAGS ON A SHELF PROVIDED? phew, glad I got that out of the way with. 

My missus is never ready at the till when shes paying. Winds me up, but when I have a go at her she moans at me, even though she's being the mong. 

10 hours ago, boro_boy said:

My missus is never ready at the till when shes paying. Winds me up, but when I have a go at her she moans at me, even though she's being the mong. 

My Mrs goes back shopping for last minute stuff while we are checking out...ffs! 

3 hours ago, Harold said:

When we get to a check out, we get the goods on the conveyer belt then I nick outside for a smoke....simples.

I use to do that but I stopped smoking a year ago so that is knocked on the head.

One other thing I hate is when the wife says she has to get a Birthday card etc and there is NO WAY I go inside the shop while she looks for a card, she takes fucking ages picking one, she has to read all the inside writing first before she chooses the right one.

She told me once to go to the card shop and pick a baby card for her nieces wee one, which I did and it took me about 1 minute, when I got back home she looked at the card and said "You will have to take it back, you picked a baby boy one, blah, blah had a wee girl and you knew that", me, "Shite, a card is a card to me...", I never argue with the wife as she is Scottish and has a right temper if you get her going, gulp, so I went and changed it.

Even then she didn't like the writing inside as all it said was "Congratulation" :allo-unamused:   

26 minutes ago, JCS said:

One other thing I hate is when the wife says she has to get a Birthday card etc and there is NO WAY I go inside the shop while she looks for a card, she takes fucking ages picking one, she has to read all the inside writing first before she chooses the right one.

Must be a 'woman' thing....my missus is exactly the same mate.....:flashing-lol:

3 hours ago, Locke said:

My Mrs goes back shopping for last minute stuff while we are checking out...ffs! 

hate that too. We were in M&S this morning and I'm putting the gear on the conveyer belt & she says...'Oh, forgot to get some cold ham' and runs off ffs! I've no cash on me to pay if she's no back in time.