• Join My Football Forum

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 287 Guests (See full list)

boro_boy

Leicester City owner's helicopter crashes 'with him

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-6324451/Leicester-City-owners-helicopter-crashes-car-park-King-Power-Stadium.html

Looks like it was a bad one. Nothing heard about casualties though. Usually you hear there where so many casualties / fatalities or whatnot but not heard anything. It's very secretive. 

5487208-6324451-Following_the_evening_kick_off_game_on_Saturday_the_helicopter_w-m-147_1540684932777.jpg

5489002-6324451-image-m-144_1540684781356.jpg

Tragic.

I was a little nonplussed by some of the early headlines which trumpeted something along the lines of  "Helicopter crashes after clash with West Ham"

Misleading to say the least.

Still not heard owt about casualties/fatalities. Don't wish to appear morbid but going by the pictures I think anyone would be very lucky to survive such a crash & explosion. Hope I'm wrong.

Tragic event, thoughts are with Leicester City football club and their fans today. 

I'm all set to go Old Trafford for the match today but have a feeling the Premier league might cancel today's fixtures. 

2 hours ago, Red Devil said:

Tragic event, thoughts are with Leicester City football club and their fans today. 

I'm all set to go Old Trafford for the match today but have a feeling the Premier league might cancel today's fixtures. 

Not a chance.

Far too much money involved.

4 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

Tragic.

I was a little nonplussed by some of the early headlines which trumpeted something along the lines of  "Helicopter crashes after clash with West Ham"

Misleading to say the least.

Yeah that's slightly misleading lol.

3 hours ago, Harold said:

Still not heard owt about casualties/fatalities. Don't wish to appear morbid but going by the pictures I think anyone would be very lucky to survive such a crash & explosion. Hope I'm wrong.

Yeah I can't see anyone surviving that, the heat / flames would have killed them, thats if the impact didn't.

2 hours ago, Red Devil said:

Nah they won't cancel the fixtures ffs, life goes on!!! If they do then thats pathetic!

1 minute ago, boro_boy said:

Yeah that's slightly misleading lol.

Yeah I can't see anyone surviving that, the heat / flames would have killed them, thats if the impact didn't.

Nah they won't cancel the fixtures ffs, life goes on!!! If they do then thats pathetic!

Not pathetic but compassionate.

Still won't happen though.

49 minutes ago, Locke said:

Not pathetic but compassionate.

Still won't happen though.

It is pathetic!

Why cancel other games, it has no affect on the games whatsoever, no doubt there will be a minutes silence! 

1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

It is pathetic!

Why cancel other games, it has no affect on the games whatsoever, no doubt there will be a minutes silence! 

Ok. Why is it pathetic and not compassionate or respectful? 

I don't recall anyone's saying it would affect games? 

Well they are holding the minutes silence / applause or whatever they do these days at the next games. 

Don't get me wrong its sad, but why do other clubs needs to do this? 

Why am I such a whinging bastard 

2 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Well they are holding the minutes silence / applause or whatever they do these days at the next games. 

Don't get me wrong its sad, but why do other clubs needs to do this? 

Why am I such a whinging bastard 

1) You are a Middlesborough fan

2) There is too much political correctness in your job and also the world over

3) You can't stick to your desires about cutting down on food

4) You cannot stick to your desires about cutting out/down alcohol

5) You aint getting enough nookie

6) Would you like any more ?

Image result for why am i a whinging bastard images

2 hours ago, Harold said:

1) You are a Middlesborough fan

2) There is too much political correctness in your job and also the world over

3) You can't stick to your desires about cutting down on food

4) You cannot stick to your desires about cutting out/down alcohol

5) You aint getting enough nookie

6) Would you like any more ?

Image result for why am i a whinging bastard images

1. Very very valid point there, well done for noticing!

2. Oh tell me about it, i'm fucking sick to death about it. Especially the transgender lot and gay / lesbian lot. Absolute piss take. Its okay to see yourself as a woman but its not okay to say in a fitness test "I see myself as 40 and not 38" so I can get out of it and do a walk instead.  The world has gone fucking bonkers!!!

3. True, I just love food too much

4. I just like having a few pints of vodka on an evening, that's normal right?

5. The nookie situation is absolutely fine right now :) 

6. If you've got anymore, fire them over haha

11 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

6. If you've got anymore, fire them over haha

Laters perhaps (meaning later this week) as I am having a tipple at the moment whilst watching Tipping Point the The Chase with the wife.

I don't think that the Independent thought things through before printing this headline:-

‘Shaken’ Claudio Ranieri pays tribute to ‘illuminated’ Leicester owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/leicester-owner-helicopter-crash-claudio-ranieri-pays-tribute-vichai-srivaddhanaprabha-a8607736.html

11 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

I don't think that the Independent thought things through before printing this headline:-

‘Shaken’ Claudio Ranieri pays tribute to ‘illuminated’ Leicester owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/leicester-owner-helicopter-crash-claudio-ranieri-pays-tribute-vichai-srivaddhanaprabha-a8607736.html

Oh dear....because Ranieri said that word you would think that they (the paper) would use a bit of sensitivity and exclude it but then again.....

9 minutes ago, Harold said:

Oh dear....because Ranieri said that word you would think that they (the paper) would use a bit of sensitivity and exclude it but then again.....

It' seems that the UK media has lost its grasp of the nuances of the language.

How often do we see the word "tragic" used totally wrongly when describing the victim of of incidents like this helicopter crash.

It was a tragic incident, and what happened was tragic, but no doubt at some point some rag will refer to one or more of the victims as "tragic".

I sometimes wish that I'd never had an education then I would be spared the horror I feel when I read and hear what passes in the media for "'good English".

4 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

It' seems that the UK media has lost its grasp of the nuances of the language.

How often do we see the word "tragic" used totally wrongly when describing the victim of of incidents like this helicopter crash.

It was a tragic incident, and what happened was tragic, but no doubt at some point some rag will refer to one or more of the victims as "tragic".

I sometimes wish that I'd never had an education then I would be spared the horror I feel when I read and hear what passes in the media for "'good English".

The Daily mail is VERY bad for doing this. If a story should read "Boy killed in hit and run through Middlesbrough"

They will probably incorrectly have the title one of these ways

Boy killed hit and run through Middlesbrough
or
Boy killed in hit and run through Middlesborough
or
Boy killed killed in hit and run through Middlesbrough 

Its like no one ever proof reads their stories. I never proof read my writing so sometimes I use there, instead of their or they're so Im just going to start using theiyr're :) .

But for stories which involve death / upsetting content then surely an editor must read them and check they are fit to be released.