New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×
My Football Forum
  • Staff Picks

Harold

Any info gratefully received

I'm a dinosaur when it comes to technology (as you'll have guessed) so my mobile is a simple pay as you go which I use very occasionally to call and text.....used so infrequently that I only need to top up about £30 or so annually. However earlier today I got a text from EE saying that in 30 days I will be switched to a new EE 3G plan ? I've checked the website they supplied because to me a plan is something I have to pay regularly and that is what it appears to be on the website (weekly or monthly). If it is going down that road I'm fucked. Anybody able to help with info?

3G is a network.

I am on 4G, but as you are on a Pay As You Go they have probably only just rolled it out to you guys. Only drug dealers use them phones now Harold. 

:blob-joy::banana:

4 minutes ago, Locke said:

3G is a network.

I am on 4G, but as you are on a Pay As You Go they have probably only just rolled it out to you guys. Only drug dealers use them phones now Harold. 

:blob-joy::banana:

But.....does it mean I have to fork out X amount monthly ?

PS....fancy any coke ?

7 minutes ago, Harold said:

But.....does it mean I have to fork out X amount monthly ?

PS....fancy any coke ?

Lol. Usually if your service provider is offering something better they want more dosh.

It might be a free upgrade though since the network is already in place and you have been with them a while. 

8 minutes ago, Locke said:

Lol. Usually if your service provider is offering something better they want more dosh.

It might be a free upgrade though since the network is already in place and you have been with them a while. 

1) That's what I'm thinking...ie they want me to pay every month (Fuck that)

2) Tbh, I don't want/require any kind of upgrade. I'm a simple cunt who just wants to pay for what I use. Locke....you know as well as me, there is FUCK ALL free in life....one way or t'other businesses will try and screw the customer!

6 hours ago, Harold said:

I'm a dinosaur when it comes to technology (as you'll have guessed) so my mobile is a simple pay as you go which I use very occasionally to call and text.....used so infrequently that I only need to top up about £30 or so annually. However earlier today I got a text from EE saying that in 30 days I will be switched to a new EE 3G plan ? I've checked the website they supplied because to me a plan is something I have to pay regularly and that is what it appears to be on the website (weekly or monthly). If it is going down that road I'm fucked. Anybody able to help with info?

Have a look at this:- https://www.mobilephonechecker.co.uk/payg-sims/

On 02/11/2018 at 14:38, Harold said:

They can't just switch you from a Pay As You Go onto a Monthly plan, that's against the law lol.

Best ring them up and ask whats changing and if the price is changing. 

25 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

They can't just switch you from a Pay As You Go onto a Monthly plan, that's against the law lol.

Best ring them up and ask whats changing and if the price is changing. 

Cheers. I'm going into the EE shop in town next week to see what's going on.

7 minutes ago, Harold said:

Cheers. I'm going into the EE shop in town next week to see what's going on.

They will 100% try and get you onto a contract tell them to fuck off. 

16 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

They will 100% try and get you onto a contract tell them to fuck off. 

They will be trying with the wrong dinosaur mate...haha.

Went into the local EE shop yesterday & got it sorted out. Guy in the shop did all the fucking about to transfer me but it cost a fiver to get the EE account up and running & I've just had a text telling me my money from orange has now been transferred so I have Fifteen quid credit...yeeeehaaa. That'll do me till...oh, sometime next year I'd imagine...haha

3 hours ago, Harold said:

Went into the local EE shop yesterday & got it sorted out. Guy in the shop did all the fucking about to transfer me but it cost a fiver to get the EE account up and running & I've just had a text telling me my money from orange has now been transferred so I have Fifteen quid credit...yeeeehaaa. That'll do me till...oh, sometime next year I'd imagine...haha

Lol you fookin fossil.

11 minutes ago, Locke said:

Lol you fookin fossil.

I know mate....quite happy as I am though. Auld school me....:mischievous-grin-smiley-emoticon: