Mr Magnificent

Lennon Threatens to Quit

Neil Lennon says he may "reconsider" his job as Hibernian manager after being targeted in Scottish football by sectarian hatred. 

Lennon was struck on the head by an object that was thrown from the crowd during Wednesday's Edinburgh derby with Hearts at Tynecastle, and says he is "extremely angry" that his conduct has been questioned.

The 47-year-old Northern Irishman fully backed his agent's claim that he is routinely targeted for abuse in Scotland because he is an Irish Catholic who played and managed Celtic.

Source:www.skysports.com

Thoughts?

My opinion is that the fact that he claims (being an Irish Catholic) the cause for being targeted is absolute nonsense. In fact he is an Ulster Catholic. I know I backed him in the carry on on Wednesday (and I stand by that 100%) but there are occasions when he does act like a dick piece without previously receiving the undeniable abuse he gets from the stands. There are many managers/players routinely receive abuse from opposing supporters....can it ALL be down to religion ? Absolutely not....imho! Btw.....Rangers have had many Catholic players who have received dogs abuse from opposing supporters including Celtic fans.....and at least a couple of managers....Paul Le Guen & Pedro Caxhino. Tbh I neither know nor care what religion our players/managers have been/are. I have read that Steven Gerrard is in fact a Catholic.

He is abused because he is an arrogant thug who has no idea of how to conduct himself on or off the field.

Like many of his ilk he likes to use the Irish Catholic bit as an excuse for his aberrant behaviour.

Had I been on duty at the Hearts v Hibs game he'd have been nicked and charged with conduct likely to cause a breach of the peace.

Best thing he can do is quit and relieve Scottish Football of a least one blight.

Edited by Hairy Scot

1 hour ago, Hairy Scot said:

He is abused because he is an arrogant thug who has no idea of how to conduct himself on or off the field.

Like many of his ilk he likes to use the Irish Catholic bit as an excuse for his aberrant behaviour.

Had I been on duty at the Hearts v Hibs game he'd have been nicked and charged with conduct likely to cause a breach of the peace.

Best thing he can do is quit and relieve Scottish Football of a least one blight.

A youtube video shows the coin hitting his chest, and the way the cnut went down was farcical, it was like he fell in instalments, he started to fall, just as i was going for a piss, finally hitting the turf just when i got back.

Let's just ignore the knuckle dragging actions of the neanderthals in the crowd who seem to believe that it is order to commit an assault because a manager, who has been on the receiving end of constant abuse from the stands, gives a wee bit piss taking back. If you're big enough to dish it out be big enough to take it. These cunts think it is a one way street....fucking dick pieces!

7 minutes ago, Harold said:

Let's just ignore the knuckle dragging actions of the neanderthals in the crowd who seem to believe that it is order to commit an assault because a manager, who has been on the receiving end of constant abuse from the stands, gives a wee bit piss taking back. If you're big enough to dish it out be big enough to take it. These cunts think it is a one way street....fucking dick pieces!

I can't believe you're defending that ICT.

Lemon is a walking PR disaster. He is fated to bring disrepute on any team that has the misfortune to hire him in any capacity.

4 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

I can't believe you're defending that ICT.

Lemon is a walking PR disaster. He is fated to bring disrepute on any team that has the misfortune to hire him in any capacity.

In this case yes but not because it is him. I'd be of the same opinion whoever the manager mate.

1 hour ago, Harold said:

In this case yes but not because it is him. I'd be of the same opinion whoever the manager mate.

Trouble is mate that no other manager ever seems to get himself into the news in a similar fashion.

The fact that he is an Irish Catholic has nought to do with my opinions of him. He is just a cunt, end of story.

1 hour ago, Hairy Scot said:

Trouble is mate that no other manager ever seems to get himself into the news in a similar fashion.

The fact that he is an Irish Catholic has nought to do with my opinions of him. He is just a cunt, end of story.

My opinion of him is separate from my thoughts on this incident Hairy. There have been occasions in the past when I have criticised him for certain actions. It's simply on this occasion that I speak of. Tell me, exactly what heinous actions did he commit (in response to probably 90 minutes of abuse) which could be a mitigating factor for him having a coin thrown at him. And remember this was at the same ground where he was attacked several years ago. What did he do then that was so bad for that to happen?

PS.....I haven't once mentioned his religion in connection with the incident the other night.

3 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

He really is a cnut. A ginger one at that!

17 hours ago, The Realist said:

A youtube video shows the coin hitting his chest, and the way the cnut went down was farcical, it was like he fell in instalments, he started to fall, just as i was going for a piss, finally hitting the turf just when i got back.

Fair one, clearly hits his chest then holds his head!!! Fucking idiot! I can't stand the man!

Hit his face first then descended onto his chest. I seriously cannot believe that (even if the coin had 'only' struck his face) there is no condemnation of the neanderthals in the stands that behave that way! It doesn't matter if you dislike the man or not...THAT cannot be tolerated. How the fuck would youse feel (those who are condemning Lennon) feel if it happened to one of your players? Different story then I'd imagine!

The thing is Lennon loves all of this.

He gets off on the controversy and drama. 

He was hit by a small coin and went down as if he had been shot with an elephant rifle.

7 minutes ago, Locke said:

The thing is Lennon loves all of this.

He gets off on the controversy and drama. 

He was hit by a small coin and went down as if he had been shot with an elephant rifle.

First two comments have no bearing on what happened. Third comment....Have you been hit in the face by a pound coin thrown at force ? Would you not go down ? In 1999 the ref Hugh Dallas was struck by a coin thrown from the Celtic end during an Old Firm game....Was he criticised for going down? No!

1 hour ago, Locke said:

They do....If you continually goad the crowd then sooner or later somebody will oblige. 

Did you actually watch the game ? Have you seen a recording of the full game? At particular games Lennon is abused the full game (especially against Hearts/Rangers) and occasionally (mainly at the end of games) will give a bit back....he DOES NOT do it continually. Once again no condemnation of the neanderthals in the stands!

34 minutes ago, Harold said:

Did you actually watch the game ? Have you seen a recording of the full game? At particular games Lennon is abused the full game (especially against Hearts/Rangers) and occasionally (mainly at the end of games) will give a bit back....he DOES NOT do it continually. Once again no condemnation of the neanderthals in the stands!

As you know, I have always been consistent in my condemnation of those idiots regardless of which team they claim to support.

I have also always been consistent in my criticism of Lennon's behaviour, both as a manager and as a player, and I've always maintained that said behaviour does not give any justification for the physical violence or bomb threats that he has had to endure.

But, as I may have said in the past, any player or manager who makes gestures toward the crowd at a game should be disciplined by the appropriate authorities.

11 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

As you know, I have always been consistent in my condemnation of those idiots regardless of which team they claim to support.

I have also always been consistent in my criticism of Lennon's behaviour, both as a manager and as a player, and I've always maintained that said behaviour does not give any justification for the physical violence or bomb threats that he has had to endure.

But, as I may have said in the past, any player or manager who makes gestures toward the crowd at a game should be disciplined by the appropriate authorities.

ANY gesture Hairy (remember that makes it a very broad group to be selective from) ? What about Morelos yesterday when after he scored he ran then slid on his knees (always staying on the pitch) towards the St Mirren fans in glee and got a 50p piece flung at him which struck him on the side. You wanna discipline him for that?

11 hours ago, Locke said:

I think we all know Lennon is no angel.

I agree mate but I'm simply discussing the incident at Tynecastle on Wednesday....not how he has behaved over his career. 

5 minutes ago, Harold said:

ANY gesture Hairy (remember that makes it a very broad group to be selective from) ? What about Morelos yesterday when after he scored he ran then slid on his knees (always staying on the pitch) towards the St Mirren fans in glee and got a 50p piece flung at him which struck him on the side. You wanna discipline him for that?

Yes.

That kind of behaviour should be stopped. It is unnecessary and provocative.

I am sure that you, like me, appreciate just how easy it is to set a mob alight.

Edited by Hairy Scot

35 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Yes.

That kind of behaviour should be stopped. It is unnecessary and provocative.

I am sure that you, like me, appreciate just how easy it is to set a mob alight.

I despair, I really do. It would be fine if it worked both ways....Absolutely NO abuse from the stands and no reactions from the players/managers......but is not realistic.

10 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

Have a look at the players actions after some of these goals.

Not one player goes anywhere near the crowd.

I agree mate....but as we are all well aware....society in all forms has changed since then.

29 minutes ago, Harold said:

I despair, I really do. It would be fine if it worked both ways....Absolutely NO abuse from the stands and no reactions from the players/managers......but is not realistic.

Has to be enforced.

We both know that stewards are not the answer and unfortunately the constabulary has changed quite a bit since you and I were part of it. They seem somewhat reluctant to get involved. Perhaps due to the influence of the PLPC.

CCTV may help in weeding out the miscreants, but an ounce of prevention etc etc.

Edited by Hairy Scot